'Doggie Door Burglar' gets 6 years in prison
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- The so-called 'Doggie Door Burglar' is headed to prison for six years.
Steven Hicks, 29, pleaded guilty to burglary Monday and received his sentence. Hicks was caught on camera crawling into a doggie door at a home on Montrose and West Gray.
The homeowner placed the camera there after hearing from a neighbor that someone was prowling around the house.
heights, montrose, local
- Local post offices open today for holiday rush
- Parts of Astrodome to be demolished
- Man wakes up locked in jet at Bush IAH
- Mom killed in SW Houston; husband charged
- No more ice, but cold weather continues
- Houstonians to pay tribute to Nelson Mandela
- Wrecker driver shot in NE Houston
- Suspect in 3 deaths lets baby go, kills self
- Susan Boyle diagnosed with Asperger's
- North Texans dealing with ice storm aftermath 17 min ago
- Teacher says he was fired because he's gay
- HFD captain receives award for courage
- Member of 2005 Astros World Series team returns
- Photos: North Texas covered in ice and snow