Valentine's Day shoppers swarm Flower Row
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- There's as much green as red on this Valentine's Day. Some Houston florists expect to sell 30,000 roses this week.
So if you've been oblivious to all the hearts and the red and pink aisles at stores, you now have no excuses. On Flower Row, as its affectionately called at Fannin and Blodgett, stores are open and there has been a steady stream of men coming in to pick up flowers, balloons and cards for their sweeties.
"I'm just gonna leave it on the table for her and let her wake up to it," said customer Leonardo Aguirre. "She's really special to me so I want to make her feel special."
A lot of the men shopping early this morning said they work overnight shifts so this is their chance to grab something. Those ladies are going to wake up happy today.
valentine's day, local, sonia azad
- Woman kidnapped, sexually assaulted in SE Houston
- Vigil held for teen shot in girl's bedroom
- Suspect killed in home invasion in N. Harris Co.
- Frustration mounts for church members
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Raiders sign Texans' Antonio Smith
- Woman accused of punching 4-year-old, killing her
- Search continues for clues in women's murders
- Driver charged in deadly SXSW wreck
- Funny video from Jessica Willey's Colorado...
- Search for missing Malaysian jet expands
- Students, parents react after HISD vote
- Photos: Maroon 5 draws massive Rodeo crowd
- Richmond traffic stop leads to drug bust