Valentine's Day shoppers swarm Flower Row
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- There's as much green as red on this Valentine's Day. Some Houston florists expect to sell 30,000 roses this week.
So if you've been oblivious to all the hearts and the red and pink aisles at stores, you now have no excuses. On Flower Row, as its affectionately called at Fannin and Blodgett, stores are open and there has been a steady stream of men coming in to pick up flowers, balloons and cards for their sweeties.
"I'm just gonna leave it on the table for her and let her wake up to it," said customer Leonardo Aguirre. "She's really special to me so I want to make her feel special."
A lot of the men shopping early this morning said they work overnight shifts so this is their chance to grab something. Those ladies are going to wake up happy today.
valentine's day, local, sonia azad
- HPD: Fight between roommates ends in shooting
- Helping those left homeless by fire
- Man accused of leaving co-worker naked in ditch
- Cleveland ISD: Girl resisting officer hit with Taser
- 'Time' Person of the Year: Pope Francis 5 min ago
- Mandela ceremony interpreter deemed a 'fake' 38 min ago
- Winning Mega Millions jackpot numbers drawn
- Special member of abc13 family passes away
- Mandela's body arrives for viewing in South Africa
- What's going to be built on Beacon Island?
- More Astrodome seats to go on sale today 41 min ago
- You can still save on Christmas gifts
- Farmers' market fire in China's Shenzhen kills 16
- 'Hero' bus driver saves girl from dog attack
- David Tillman's Wednesday weather forecast
19 min ago
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos