Valentine's Day shoppers swarm Flower Row
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- There's as much green as red on this Valentine's Day. Some Houston florists expect to sell 30,000 roses this week.
So if you've been oblivious to all the hearts and the red and pink aisles at stores, you now have no excuses. On Flower Row, as its affectionately called at Fannin and Blodgett, stores are open and there has been a steady stream of men coming in to pick up flowers, balloons and cards for their sweeties.
"I'm just gonna leave it on the table for her and let her wake up to it," said customer Leonardo Aguirre. "She's really special to me so I want to make her feel special."
A lot of the men shopping early this morning said they work overnight shifts so this is their chance to grab something. Those ladies are going to wake up happy today.
valentine's day, local, sonia azad
- Man nabbed after video shows burglar staring at baby
- Security guard fatally shot in SW Houston 49 min ago
- HPD aims to keep officers safe behind wheels
- One killed in west Houston wreck
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Two people inside parked car shot, one fatally
- Chipotle plans first price hike in 3 years
- Michaels confirms breach of as many as 2.6M cards
- Prosecutors seek arrest warrant for ferry captain 26 min ago
- Kansas City highway shooting suspect in custody 17 min ago
- 12 killed, 3 missing in avalanche on Everest
- Prostitution sting nets 5 arrests in NW Harris County
- Chris Brown trial could start as soon as today
- Teen reunites with family after being found safe
- Travis Herzog's Friday weather forecast
45 min ago