Police: Clear Lake burglaries on the decline
CLEAR LAKE, TX (KTRK) -- Suspected serial burglars arrested, and now investigators say the Clear Lake area is witnessing a big drop in the number of break-ins.
Police are crediting witnesses and neighbors helping neighbors for the arrests and the big drop burglaries.
Residents living in the 10000 block of Heather Trail in southeast Houston will sleep a lot better now that Houston police have arrested three suspects accused in a string of home burglaries.
"It does feel real good that the responsilble people got caught," resident Ruben Diosdado said.
Junior Abraham, Mauri Mark and Marcus Mitchell are all behind bars. Investigators have tied them to several burglaries in the Clear Lake area dating back to September 2011, including a home on Heather Trail drive. It happened back in September 30. Police say one of the suspects actually got into a fist fight with an occupant who was home at the time.
"One of the guys ,he was sleeping in the bedroom and heard jiggling and he woke up, wondering who was there and there were two or three guys there and he grabbed one of them," neighbor Oscar Garza said. HPD stressed that the public played a critical role in helping authorities identify and arrest these three men. They say as a result of their continued help, crime in the Clear Lake area has dropped significantly since October.
"The monthly count of burglaries has dropped by over 75 percent in the Clear Lake area," Houston Police Department Capt. Arnie Anderson said.
A juvenile also was taken into custody.
clear lake, local
- HISD schools may ditch Indian-themed mascots
- HISD principal, administrator arrested in Alabama
- Know the guy in this surveillance video?
- Vandals strike vehicles in Woodland Heights
- Backyard sinkhole nightmare finally ends 39 min ago
- Raw sewage seeping into Oak Forest homes
- HPD: Baybrook Mall employee abducted, raped
- 200lb generator stolen from man's driveway 6 min ago
- Video: Wade Phillips on life after Kubiak 25 min ago
- Texas A&M's Johnny Manziel named Heisman finalist
- Dad guilty of murder in daughter's death
- Toilet of the future changes how you ... sit
- Texas touts law protecting Christmas in schools
- Miley Cyrus is MTV's artist of the year 25 min ago
- Tim Heller's weather forecast
52 min ago