Police: Clear Lake burglaries on the decline
CLEAR LAKE, TX (KTRK) -- Suspected serial burglars arrested, and now investigators say the Clear Lake area is witnessing a big drop in the number of break-ins.
Police are crediting witnesses and neighbors helping neighbors for the arrests and the big drop burglaries.
Residents living in the 10000 block of Heather Trail in southeast Houston will sleep a lot better now that Houston police have arrested three suspects accused in a string of home burglaries.
"It does feel real good that the responsilble people got caught," resident Ruben Diosdado said.
Junior Abraham, Mauri Mark and Marcus Mitchell are all behind bars. Investigators have tied them to several burglaries in the Clear Lake area dating back to September 2011, including a home on Heather Trail drive. It happened back in September 30. Police say one of the suspects actually got into a fist fight with an occupant who was home at the time.
"One of the guys ,he was sleeping in the bedroom and heard jiggling and he woke up, wondering who was there and there were two or three guys there and he grabbed one of them," neighbor Oscar Garza said. HPD stressed that the public played a critical role in helping authorities identify and arrest these three men. They say as a result of their continued help, crime in the Clear Lake area has dropped significantly since October.
"The monthly count of burglaries has dropped by over 75 percent in the Clear Lake area," Houston Police Department Capt. Arnie Anderson said.
A juvenile also was taken into custody.
clear lake, local
- Blood drive held for officer injured in crash
- New info in case of women found dead by dumpster
- 20 on missing plane worked for Austin company
- Body found after shots ring out near Greens Bayou
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Students learn science through unique course
- Collision sends HPD officer, driver to hospital
- Fire marshal: Teen burned mom's clothes over marijuana
- Would-be robbery victim kills suspect at bar 5 min ago
- Corvette driver killed by suspected drunk driver 7 min ago
- Fast food restaurant held up by armed suspects 25 min ago
- Person fatally falls from 6th floor of building at Texas A&M
- Thousands of bees attack woman in California
- Yates comes up short in 3A title game