Man charged in 2003 murder of woman
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- There are new developments in a murder case that had gone cold.
Charges have been filed against a man accused of a murder that happened nine years ago. The body of Sandra Williams was found in the woods off of Persimmon in Tomball back in January of 2003. She had been beaten to death with a sledgehammer.
Investigators recovered DNA evidence from the crime scene and a match came back to Joel Sanchez, who was already in federal custody on an immigration hold.
Investigators say Sanchez and Williams had some type of ongoing relationship at the time. He is now charged with murder.
- Blood drive held for officer injured in crash
- New info in case of women found dead by dumpster
- 20 on missing plane worked for Austin company
- Body found after shots ring out near Greens Bayou
- Students learn science through unique course
- Collision sends HPD officer, driver to hospital
- Fire marshal: Teen burned mom's clothes over marijuana
- Person fatally falls from 6th floor of building at Texas A&M
- Thousands of bees attack woman in California
- North Houston house fire leaves one dead
- Yates comes up short in 3A title game
- Masked robbers hold up bank in west Harris County
- raw video: Sarah Palin remixes 'Green Eggs and Ham'
- Three bodies found in rubble of burned down home