Man charged in 2003 murder of woman
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- There are new developments in a murder case that had gone cold.
Charges have been filed against a man accused of a murder that happened nine years ago. The body of Sandra Williams was found in the woods off of Persimmon in Tomball back in January of 2003. She had been beaten to death with a sledgehammer.
Investigators recovered DNA evidence from the crime scene and a match came back to Joel Sanchez, who was already in federal custody on an immigration hold.
Investigators say Sanchez and Williams had some type of ongoing relationship at the time. He is now charged with murder.
- Boy, 4, saves family from overnight fire
- Car slams into two homes in wild crash
- Brightening the holiday for underprivileged kids
- Seatbelt couldn't save teen's life in crash
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Phil's hiatus
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport
- Fury and frustration over Target data breach
- Bear cubs get loose at Houston Zoo
- SW Houston family loses puppy in overnight fire
- Boy, 10, dies after being trapped in snowbank
- Woman's secret Santa turns out to be Bill Gates
- Serial killer missing after good behavior pass to see mom
- Three Webster officers go before judge today