Burglary suspects lead police on chase
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Deputies and police officers are searching the woods for store burglars who crossed county lines trying to get away.
According to authorities, four men, including a getaway driver, broke into a grocery store in Liberty. When police got there, they took off down Highway 90 with their haul of 20 cartons of cigarettes in tow. They were also reportedly trying to get pills from the store pharmacy when they got spooked.
They crossed into Harris County and deputies spiked the van's tires near Shady Lane. All four suspects bailed out. The driver was arrested. But three suspects, all wearing hoodies and bandanas over their faces, are hiding out in the woods. K-9 units are trying to zero in on them now.
- Police: 2 dead after car crashes into crowd in Austin 19 min ago
- Vigil held for women slain in Galveston County
- Employees shot outside Galleria area restaurant
- Reliant Stadium may be changing names
- Woman delivers her own baby on drive to hospital
- Police: Man tried to run over triple amputee in N. Houston
- 2 NYC buildings collapse in explosion, 3 dead
- Authorities investigating second auto-pedestrian in NW Harris...
- George Zimmerman's parents suing Roseanne Barr
- Man steals SUV with child inside, carjacks two others
- Elementary school seeks to offer kids nutritious food
- Video shows suspects setting fire to store full of puppies
- WWII vets help mark 100th anniversary of Battleship Texas
- River Oaks-area residents fighting to stop office building