Valuable League City comic collection to be auctioned off
NEW YORK (KTRK) -- One of the most valuable collections of comic books ever published will be auctioned in New York today.
The comics had been collecting dust in a home in League City for the past few months after the collection's original owner passed away.
The biggest prize is a Detective Comics number 27 from 1939. It features the first appearance of Batman and is expected to fetch $475,000. An Action Comics number one is expected to bring in $325,000.
All 345 comics are worth an estimated $2 million.
league city, local
- Boy, 3, drowns in apartment pool in SW Houston
- House party ends with one dead, 2 others injured
- Tornadoes strike Kansas, Oklahoma
- HCSO: Sergeant killed by suspected drunk driver
- Man injured after driving lesson gone wrong
- Police investigating 2 deaths in west Houston
- Botox now big with 20-somethings
- What kinds of luxury cars can you buy in Houston?
- Local Marine killed in duty honored for bravery
- Person of interest located in death of mail carrier
- Winner crowned at Gyro Eating Championship
- otrc: No 'Bridesmaids' sequel for Wiig
- abcnews: 5 security tips for Facebook mobile
- Video: Huge tornado caught on camera in Kansas
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos