Valuable League City comic collection to be auctioned off
NEW YORK (KTRK) -- One of the most valuable collections of comic books ever published will be auctioned in New York today.
The comics had been collecting dust in a home in League City for the past few months after the collection's original owner passed away.
The biggest prize is a Detective Comics number 27 from 1939. It features the first appearance of Batman and is expected to fetch $475,000. An Action Comics number one is expected to bring in $325,000.
All 345 comics are worth an estimated $2 million.
league city, local
- Case of swine flu confirmed in Montgomery County
- City slammed for deal with topless clubs
- Houston police gain powerful new weapon
- Man says found treasure should be his
- Family scrambles to safety from burning home
- Police: Man fatally shoots wife in southsoutheast west Houston
- Blood test could offer early answer for kids with austim 56 min ago
- Mystery of the missing mink 45 min ago
- Bicyclist hit by minivan near park
- Parents sue city of Houston over daughter's death
- Family of Houston girl hopes for life-saving donation
- Congress passes bill that will avoid future govt. shutdowns
- Sketch released of suspect in brazen robbery
- METRO offering new way to get around town