Valuable League City comic collection to be auctioned off
NEW YORK (KTRK) -- One of the most valuable collections of comic books ever published will be auctioned in New York today.
The comics had been collecting dust in a home in League City for the past few months after the collection's original owner passed away.
The biggest prize is a Detective Comics number 27 from 1939. It features the first appearance of Batman and is expected to fetch $475,000. An Action Comics number one is expected to bring in $325,000.
All 345 comics are worth an estimated $2 million.
league city, local
- Gas station clerks shoot robbery suspect
- Helping military families, one child at a time
- Browns agree to deal with ex-Texan RB Tate
- Young artists put on unique display
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- Man killed by authorities 'Into the wild' hunter
- Sea survivor keeps promise he made to dead friend
- Daughter asks: Who did I bury?
- Workers recover Bible from rubble of NYC buildings
- Police: Man lived with dead wife for days
- Girl, 5, spends day at wrong school
- Search expands for missing Rice U student
- Siblings rescued 8 hours after getting lost in woods