Tonight at 10: What are your kids really saying?
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Tonight on Eyewitness News, we take a closer look at the codes kids use on phones and the Internet.
The wide use of mobile devices and social media has led to a new language used by young people. Some terms are harmless but others have more serious meanings. Kids use them to talk about sex, or using alcohol and drugs. Reporter Samica Knight will tell us why kids use these codes.
"Their ability to do this kind of behavior thinking that their parents are not ok with what they are doing is part of the thrill," University of Houston professor Garth Jowett said.
You will see parents' reactions when we reveal what some of these kids codes mean. That's a closer look tonight on Eyewitness News at Ten.
- Missouri City cheers on 'Resurrection' star 11 min ago
- One killed in house fire on Houston's south side
- Big names, fans converge on Austin for SXSW 10 min ago
- Would-be robbery victim kills suspect at bar
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- VIP treatment for military families at RodeoHouston
- More than two dozen hurt in musical stage collapse
- Rockets rally for OT win over Blazers
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Toronto mayor mocked for daylight savings flub
- Amazing images from midair accident in Florida
- Woman badly burned in Conroe apartment fire
- Ford Motor Co. leader William Clay Ford dies
- Photos: South by Southwest in Austin