ABC13 Anchor Dave Ward ready to return to work
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- We've gotten a lot of well wishes for our own Dave Ward. He's been recovering the last few weeks after an injury, and now he's coming back. Below is a message from Dave Ward:
- "Where were we on Friday the 13th of last month? That night, just before the 10pm news, I tripped and fell in the studio and broke my left hip. Since then, your cards, emails and Facebook posts helped me get through the pain of recovery, and I can't thank you enough.
I deeply appreciate your caring and concern, and I'm ready to get back to work. I can't wait to be in downtown Houston, tomorrow morning, for the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo Parade, and I hope you'll tune in.
And then next Monday night, I hope to be here on our 10pm newscast, and before long, back with you here on the 6pm program.
Again, my deepest thanks for your encouragement and support. And I'll try not to be so clumsy in the future."
-- Dave Ward
- Man nabbed after video shows burglar staring at baby
- HPD aims to keep officers safe behind wheels
- One killed in west Houston wreck
- Mystery shipwrecks explored off Galveston
- Texas town recovering, year after deadly blast
- Teen reunites with family after being found safe
- Woman ambushed while taking out trash
- Here's a reason to lock doors while pumping gas
- Prostitution sting nets 5 arrests in NW Harris County
- Williams in talks to reprise 'Mrs. Doubtfire' role
- Obama: 8 million signed up for health care
- Teen accused of threatening attack on Splendora HS
- Police: Man ate pot candy before shooting his wife
- Chelsea Clinton announces she's pregnant