ABC13 Anchor Dave Ward ready to return to work
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- We've gotten a lot of well wishes for our own Dave Ward. He's been recovering the last few weeks after an injury, and now he's coming back. Below is a message from Dave Ward:
- "Where were we on Friday the 13th of last month? That night, just before the 10pm news, I tripped and fell in the studio and broke my left hip. Since then, your cards, emails and Facebook posts helped me get through the pain of recovery, and I can't thank you enough.
I deeply appreciate your caring and concern, and I'm ready to get back to work. I can't wait to be in downtown Houston, tomorrow morning, for the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo Parade, and I hope you'll tune in.
And then next Monday night, I hope to be here on our 10pm newscast, and before long, back with you here on the 6pm program.
Again, my deepest thanks for your encouragement and support. And I'll try not to be so clumsy in the future."
-- Dave Ward
- One dead, several injured in bar shooting 5 min ago
- Van smashes into home in northwest Harris Co.
- Family affected by HPD homicide probe speaks out
- Texans land 2 primetime games
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Rockets fall to Portland again, down 2-0 in series
- Authorities: Deadly wreck sparked by fleeing driver 3 min ago
- Job fair today only for veterans, spouses 2 min ago
- FDA proposes first regulations for e-cigarettes
- Batteries in baby video monitors recalled 53 min ago
- Two people shot outside auto shop
- Man seeks to hide 'murder' tattoo before trial
- Cy-Fair ISD: Bible OK to bring for independent reading
- Fetal tissue used to power Oregon homes