ABC13 Anchor Dave Ward ready to return to work
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- We've gotten a lot of well wishes for our own Dave Ward. He's been recovering the last few weeks after an injury, and now he's coming back. Below is a message from Dave Ward:
- "Where were we on Friday the 13th of last month? That night, just before the 10pm news, I tripped and fell in the studio and broke my left hip. Since then, your cards, emails and Facebook posts helped me get through the pain of recovery, and I can't thank you enough.
I deeply appreciate your caring and concern, and I'm ready to get back to work. I can't wait to be in downtown Houston, tomorrow morning, for the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo Parade, and I hope you'll tune in.
And then next Monday night, I hope to be here on our 10pm newscast, and before long, back with you here on the 6pm program.
Again, my deepest thanks for your encouragement and support. And I'll try not to be so clumsy in the future."
-- Dave Ward
- Houston man was supposed to be on missing plane
- Suspected beer thief caught in north Houston 55 min ago
- Valet driver crashes, totals man's SUV
- Wife charged in hubby's New Year's Eve murder
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Jimmy Kimmel, crew in Austin for SXSW
- Photos: South by Southwest in Austin
- Search widens for missing Malaysian passenger jet
- Money-saving sites for booking vacations 16 min ago
- Stars, Blue Jackets game called off after player collapses
- Are you too good looking to get a date?
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects 4 min ago
- Shots fired during armored car robbery
- 'Bachelor' finale, plus see new 'Bachelorette'