Detention officer accused of having sex with inmate
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A detention officer with the Harris County Sheriff's Department has been fired over allegations of sexual relations with an inmate.
Tony Richards is charged with improper sexual activity with a person in custody. No information has yet been released on the details of the case, or the accusations against him. All we know is that a grand jury looked at the case and decided to move forward with the charges.
The sheriff's department says Richards has since been terminated.
- Woman kidnapped, sexually assaulted in SE Houston
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- Vigil held for teen shot in girl's bedroom
- Suspect killed in home invasion in N. Harris Co.
- Brawl breaks out at funeral home on Houston's south side
- Mega Millions jackpot swells to $400 million
- Motorcyclist dies in crash with wrecker
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans 30 min ago
- Officers' body cameras raise privacy concerns 28 min ago
- Woman accused of punching 4-year-old, killing her
- Police investigating north Houston nightclub stabbing
- Raiders sign Texans' Antonio Smith
- Motorcyclist killed in head-on wreck in northwest Houston
- Search continues for clues in women's murders