2 killed in crash with wrong-way driver in Stafford
STAFFORD, TX (KTRK) -- Police are investigating an accident that killed two people in Stafford early Sunday.
The crash happened around 2:30am in the 12700 block of U.S. 59 North.
According to police, Sheila Cronk and Justin Springer were in both town from Lincoln, Nebraska and Cronk was driving a Ford Focus rental car.
The Focus was northbound on U.S. 59. A Jeep, driven by a 45-year-old Houston man, was going the wrong way and struck the car head-on, officials said.
The driver of the Jeep was taken to Memorial Hermann Hospital in unknown condition.
Cronk and Springer both died at the scene. They were both in their 20s, officials said.
Sugar Land and Stafford Police Departments are investigating the crash. They have not yet determined whether alcohol was a factor.
- Missouri City cheers on 'Resurrection' star
- North Texas family holds out hope for loved one
- Big names, fans converge on Austin for SXSW
- One killed in house fire on Houston's south side
- VIP treatment for military families at RodeoHouston
- More than two dozen hurt in musical stage collapse 6 min ago
- Rockets rally for OT win over Blazers
- Big quake strikes off N. California, no tsunami threat 42 min ago
- Peru: Van der Sloot to be extradited to US in 2038 22 min ago
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Two charged in death of North Texas student 38 min ago
- Toronto mayor mocked for daylight savings flub
- Amazing images from midair accident in Florida
- Woman badly burned in Conroe apartment fire