2 killed in crash with wrong-way driver in Stafford
STAFFORD, TX (KTRK) -- Police are investigating an accident that killed two people in Stafford early Sunday.
The crash happened around 2:30am in the 12700 block of U.S. 59 North.
According to police, Sheila Cronk and Justin Springer were in both town from Lincoln, Nebraska and Cronk was driving a Ford Focus rental car.
The Focus was northbound on U.S. 59. A Jeep, driven by a 45-year-old Houston man, was going the wrong way and struck the car head-on, officials said.
The driver of the Jeep was taken to Memorial Hermann Hospital in unknown condition.
Cronk and Springer both died at the scene. They were both in their 20s, officials said.
Sugar Land and Stafford Police Departments are investigating the crash. They have not yet determined whether alcohol was a factor.
- Woman found dead inside burned out home 40 min ago
- Six UH students reportedly robbed on campus 47 min ago
- Three Webster officers accused of using excessive force 43 min ago
- HPD: Husband dies in attempted murder-suicide
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- Woman who went for smoke outside found dead on porch
- Fugitive Friday: Help find suspect in sexual assault of child
- Astronaut may get Christmas wish for spacewalk
- Law enforcement training program suspended
- Sales brisk for tonight's $425M Mega Millions game
- Local missionaries hurt in rollover wreck in Africa
- Beyonce's holiday surprise
- Police: 2 people killed after Utah rock slide
- Free Stuff Friday: Holiday happenings this weekend
- Travis Herzog's midday weather forecast
23 min ago
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos