2 killed in crash with wrong-way driver in Stafford
STAFFORD, TX (KTRK) -- Police are investigating an accident that killed two people in Stafford early Sunday.
The crash happened around 2:30am in the 12700 block of U.S. 59 North.
According to police, Sheila Cronk and Justin Springer were in both town from Lincoln, Nebraska and Cronk was driving a Ford Focus rental car.
The Focus was northbound on U.S. 59. A Jeep, driven by a 45-year-old Houston man, was going the wrong way and struck the car head-on, officials said.
The driver of the Jeep was taken to Memorial Hermann Hospital in unknown condition.
Cronk and Springer both died at the scene. They were both in their 20s, officials said.
Sugar Land and Stafford Police Departments are investigating the crash. They have not yet determined whether alcohol was a factor.
- Missing 14-year-old girl found safe in South Texas
- Video from N. Houston pawn shop robbery released
- Armed robbers pistol whip McDonald's manager
- Burglary suspect watches sleeping toddler
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Reward to nab Most Wanted sex offender climbs to $13K 12 min ago
- 5 plead guilty after immigrant stash house discovery 29 min ago
- Fire in wood shop fills middle school with smoke
- Case of missing teens solved after 43 years
- 292 missing, 4 dead in South Korea ferry disaster
- Fashion trucks take over downtown Houston
- Missing kid found stuck in coin-operated game
- Over the top promposal had cops in on the secret
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on 'The View'
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos