Missouri City man accused of sexually assaulting and kidnapping underage teen
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A Missouri City man is facing felony charges after he allegedly kidnapped an underage teen with whom he had reportedly had a sexual relationship.
Carlos Ridley Lindo, 27, is charged with aggravated kidnapping and sexual assault of a child. According to court documents, in 2010 Lindo met a 14-year-old 7th grader as she was walking home from school. The two reportedly struck up a relationship, eventually having sex at a hotel. The girl told authorities she broke up with Lindo because her mother discovered their relationship.
In May 2011, while the victim was walking to school, Lindo reportedly pulled a knife on the girl and ordered her into his SUV. The girl says he threatened to harm her or her family, and prevented her from escaping from the vehicle.
According to the court documents, when interviewed by a Harris County Sheriff's deputy, Lindo denied knowing the victim.
missouri city, local
- Man shot outside restaurant drives family to safety
- Severe weather clears, leaves damage behind
- Houston mayor weighs in on 'Duck Dynasty' feud
- Houston couple dead in apparent murder-suicide
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- NASA astronauts complete first spacewalk
- Constable: Teen admits shooting out car windows
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado school dies
- Chase restricts cards affected by Target breach
- New Houston light rail line opens for business
- 1 dead, 1 injured in drive-by double shooting
- Katy blows late lead, falls to Cedar Hill in title game 55 min ago
- Allen tops Pearland 63-28, defends 5A D-I title
- Aledo beats Brenham 38-10 for 4th title in 5 years