Grandmother, child tied up during home invasion
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Deputies have captured four suspects who tied up a grandmother and three-year-old child during a home invasion in northeast Harris County.
Harris County Sheriff's deputies are investigating a home invasion in the 12400 block of Greensbrook Forest. Detectives say four suspects entered the home Tuesday morning and tied up a grandmother and three-year-old child. A man in house managed to hide in a closet and call 911 before he was tied up as well.
Investigators don't believe this was random. They were told by the suspects that someone sent them there because they'd find money and expensive items.
The suspects threatened to harm the child, asking for valuables. They only got away with a weapon and some electronics.
Neighbor Mario Cortez said, "Those are good people, man, and it's terrible that bad things happen to good people like that."
"When deputies arrived, the suspects fled out of the back of the house and over the fence," said Wallace Wyatt with the Harris County Sheriff's Office. "They started dropping things. It led to a path where two of the suspects were captured. The other two men were captured a short time later in the woods by a K9."
One deputy was chasing suspects through a open area when one suspect turned towards the deputy with an unknown object. Authorities say fearing for his safety, the deputy discharged his weapon, but did not strike the suspect.
Sheldon ISD put three schools and two administration buildings on lockdown during the investigation. The lockdown was lifted at about 11:30am. Parents were notified of the situation via an automated messaging system. Students and staff were not in harm's way.
Neighbors say what happened should serve as a lesson for all residents.
"Talk to all the neighbors," suggested neighbor Ron Cruz. "Keep our eye out. It's crazy."
All four suspects are being held and a female is being detained to determine her part in the incident, authorities say. The suspects have quite a rap sheet. One of them, we understand, was on probation for sexual assault of a child.
- Houston man was supposed to be on missing plane
- Suspected beer thief caught in north Houston
- Valet driver crashes, totals man's SUV
- Wife charged in hubby's New Year's Eve murder
- Jimmy Kimmel, crew in Austin for SXSW
- Photos: South by Southwest in Austin
- Search widens for missing Malaysian passenger jet
- Money-saving sites for booking vacations
- Stars, Blue Jackets game called off after player collapses
- Bieber surprises with performance during SXSW 28 min ago
- Are you too good looking to get a date? 44 min ago
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Shots fired during armored car robbery
- 'Bachelor' finale, plus see new 'Bachelorette'