Family of murdered student meets with HPD
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- The family of a murdered UT Health Sciences students met with investigators and Houston's police chief on Tuesday.
About six weeks ago, 30-year-old Gelareh Bagherzadeh was shot to death in her car just feet from her parents town home in the Galleria area. There are still no solid leads on who might have killed her and no one, including police, seems to know the motive.
Bagherzadeh's family came to HPD in search of reassurance and to get a better understanding of how the investigative process works.
"She's always been passionate and helpful to people, anybody she knew, and I just can't think of any enemy,"said her brother, Ali Bagherzadeh.
Bagherzadeh helped organize local demonstrations supporting women's rights in Iran. Neither her family nor police believe Bagherzadeh's political beliefs had anything to do with her murder.
- Boy, 4, saves family from overnight fire 32 min ago
- Car slams into two homes in wild crash
- Brightening the holiday for underprivileged kids 28 min ago
- Seatbelt couldn't save teen's life in crash
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- 5 Things to Know for Today 38 min ago
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Phil's hiatus
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport
- Man found shot to death in SE Houston home
- Bear cubs get loose at Houston Zoo
- SW Houston family loses puppy in overnight fire
- Boy, 10, dies after being trapped in snowbank
- Three Webster officers go before judge today
- Serial killer missing after good behavior pass to see mom