Family of murdered student meets with HPD
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- The family of a murdered UT Health Sciences students met with investigators and Houston's police chief on Tuesday.
About six weeks ago, 30-year-old Gelareh Bagherzadeh was shot to death in her car just feet from her parents town home in the Galleria area. There are still no solid leads on who might have killed her and no one, including police, seems to know the motive.
Bagherzadeh's family came to HPD in search of reassurance and to get a better understanding of how the investigative process works.
"She's always been passionate and helpful to people, anybody she knew, and I just can't think of any enemy,"said her brother, Ali Bagherzadeh.
Bagherzadeh helped organize local demonstrations supporting women's rights in Iran. Neither her family nor police believe Bagherzadeh's political beliefs had anything to do with her murder.
- Reliant Stadium may be changing names
- Two dead in apparent murder-suicide in Pasadena
- Employees shot outside Galleria area restaurant 48 min ago
- 2 NYC buildings collapse in explosion, 2 dead
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- River Oaks residents fighting to stop office building 44 min ago
- Rice U police officers cleared of wrongdoing in man's arrest
- Mateo states his case for cupcakes for dinner
- 'I'm dying' - Crocodile Hunter's final words
- Woman charged after allegedly kicking son in Walmart
- Girl gets finger stuck in recalled Easy Bake Oven
- Woman takes out frustration on Pennsylvania reporter
- Wrestler hugs opponent's dad after loss
- NJ honor student who sued parents returns home