Eight students injured in Aldine ISD bus wreck
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- An Aldine ISD bus carrying nearly two dozen students was involved in a wreck in north Houston, and several students were taken to an area hospital.
The accident happened shortly before 5:30pm Thursday on the North Freeway near West Mount Houston after a driver clipped the bus while trying to change lanes.
An Aldine ISD spokesperson says the driver was transporting 22 students home from W. T. Hall Night High School. Eight of them were complaining of sore backs and necks, so they were taken to an area hospital as a precaution.
No reports of major or life-threatening injuries have been made.
No other details were immediately available. Stay with Eyewitness News and abc13.com for the latest details.
- Missing 14-year-old girl found safe in South Texas
- Video from N. Houston pawn shop robbery released 52 min ago
- Armed robbers pistol whip McDonald's manager
- Burglary suspect watches sleeping baby 36 min ago
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- 292 missing, 4 dead in South Korea ferry disaster
- Fashion trucks take over downtown Houston
- Missing kid found stuck in coin-operated game
- Over the top promposal had cops in on the secret
- VIRAL VIDEO: Kids try to use a Walkman
- How to lose the last 10 pounds
- Man killed while trying to cross North Freeway
- Missing stop sign blamed for accident in Montgomery Co.
- Ford to offer 50th anniversary Mustang