Eight students injured in Aldine ISD bus wreck
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- An Aldine ISD bus carrying nearly two dozen students was involved in a wreck in north Houston, and several students were taken to an area hospital.
The accident happened shortly before 5:30pm Thursday on the North Freeway near West Mount Houston after a driver clipped the bus while trying to change lanes.
An Aldine ISD spokesperson says the driver was transporting 22 students home from W. T. Hall Night High School. Eight of them were complaining of sore backs and necks, so they were taken to an area hospital as a precaution.
No reports of major or life-threatening injuries have been made.
No other details were immediately available. Stay with Eyewitness News and abc13.com for the latest details.
- Man wakes up locked in jet at Bush IAH
- Mom killed in SW Houston; husband wanted
- College student from Baytown fatally shot
- Kubiak era ends in Houston
- Winter Weather advisory for several local counties
- Parts of Astrodome to be demolished Sunday
- Icy storm sends Houston workers to help North Texas
- Rice wins C-USA title with 41-24 win over Marshall
- HFD captain receives award for courage
- Teacher says he was fired because he's gay
- Member of 2005 Astros World Series team returns
- Dog rescued from fire in Conroe
- Drivers stuck on icy I-35 as cold blast hits Texas
- US tourist and war vet, 85, free from NKorea