Deputy charged with DWI after traffic stop
RICHMOND, TX (KTRK) -- A deputy in Fort Bend County has found himself on the wrong side of the law.
A Fort Bend County Sheriff's Office Detention Division deputy was stopped early Sunday morning by a Department of Public Safety trooper for running a stop sign.
Deputy Cassius Lott, 40, was charged with driving while intoxicated with an additional charge of unlawfully carrying a weapon. The stop was made at the intersection of Plantation Drive and Harlem Road near the Pecan Grove subdivision in the Richmond area.
Lott has served with the sheriff's office since March 24, 2003. He remains on duty pending the outcome of future legal action.
- Would-be robbery victim kills suspect at bar
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Blood drive held for officer injured in crash
- New info in case of women found dead by dumpster
- Ford Motor Co. leader William Clay Ford dies 46 min ago
- Corvette driver killed by suspected drunk driver
- Fast food restaurant held up by armed suspects
- Oops! Noise complaint leads to drug bust
- Mom confesses to killing 3 young daughters
- One killed in house fire on Houston's south side 47 min ago
- Jet makes emergency landing in Honolulu
- Pre-St. Pat's bash erupts into chaos
- Fire marshal: Teen burned mom's clothes over marijuana
- Yates comes up short in 3A title game