Deputy charged with DWI after traffic stop
RICHMOND, TX (KTRK) -- A deputy in Fort Bend County has found himself on the wrong side of the law.
A Fort Bend County Sheriff's Office Detention Division deputy was stopped early Sunday morning by a Department of Public Safety trooper for running a stop sign.
Deputy Cassius Lott, 40, was charged with driving while intoxicated with an additional charge of unlawfully carrying a weapon. The stop was made at the intersection of Plantation Drive and Harlem Road near the Pecan Grove subdivision in the Richmond area.
Lott has served with the sheriff's office since March 24, 2003. He remains on duty pending the outcome of future legal action.
- Robber dashes out of vision store with pricy shades
- Black Friday shoppers' credit card info at risk
- Girl, 10, found safely after overnight search
- Duck Dynasty's Phil Robertson off the show after gay remark
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Firefighters battle blaze at Katy Taco Bell 21 min ago
- Police: Multiple casualties following London theater collapse 27 min ago
- Houston psychic sued over 'love ritual'
- Man found shot to death in SE Houston home 28 min ago
- Houston man charged with murder in wife's shooting death 14 min ago
- Girls' softball league evicted from their field
- Valuable artifacts stolen from historic home
- Man found reading Bible after chase in NW Harris Co.
- METRO bus involved in accident near Reliant Park
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos