Suspect ID'd in two bank robberies inside Pearland grocery stores
PEARLAND, TX (KTRK) -- Pearland police are asking for help to track down a man they say is responsible for two bank robberies.
Police believe Carlos Hines robbed the First Convenience Bank in the Food Town on Broadway on Monday. Investigators say he showed the teller a gun and got away with about $2,000.
They also think Hines is the same man who robbed the Associated Credit Union of Texas inside the Randalls grocery store on Broadway last week.
Hines is described as a black male in his 40's, about 5 foot 8, and wearing a blue jean jacket and dark-colored pants. Witnesses said he had a dark-colored mark under his left eye and he spoke with an accent, possibly from Africa.
Crime Stoppers of Houston is offering up to $5,000 for information leading to the charging and arrest of this robber, or any felony suspect. If you have information about this crime, please call the Crime Stoppers Tip Line at 713-222-TIPS (8477), the Houston office of the FBI at 713-693-5000, or the Pearland Police Department at 281-997-4100.
- Drug agents: 'Unfit for human consumption' 19 min ago
- Man fatally shot while driving in SW Houston
- Galveston judge indicted on felony charges
- Constable Trevino: Good intentions gone too far?
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Women behind aggravated robbery caught on video 1 min ago
- Suspected molester to cops: 'I need help' 21 min ago
- 'Pastor' indicted in real estate investment scam 15 min ago
- Cocaine, cash found in abandoned chase suspect's car
- Vendor fired, took snow cones into bathroom
- Burglars break in through roof of Walgreen's store
- Ohio kidnap case hero gets burgers for life
- otrc: 'Bachelor' Sean Lowe making wedding plans
- abcnews: 5 Biggest food and exercise mistakes