Suspect ID'd in two bank robberies inside Pearland grocery stores
PEARLAND, TX (KTRK) -- Pearland police are asking for help to track down a man they say is responsible for two bank robberies.
Police believe Carlos Hines robbed the First Convenience Bank in the Food Town on Broadway on Monday. Investigators say he showed the teller a gun and got away with about $2,000.
They also think Hines is the same man who robbed the Associated Credit Union of Texas inside the Randalls grocery store on Broadway last week.
Hines is described as a black male in his 40's, about 5 foot 8, and wearing a blue jean jacket and dark-colored pants. Witnesses said he had a dark-colored mark under his left eye and he spoke with an accent, possibly from Africa.
Crime Stoppers of Houston is offering up to $5,000 for information leading to the charging and arrest of this robber, or any felony suspect. If you have information about this crime, please call the Crime Stoppers Tip Line at 713-222-TIPS (8477), the Houston office of the FBI at 713-693-5000, or the Pearland Police Department at 281-997-4100.
- Severe weather possible Saturday morning
- Mom devastated by tragedy pushes for change 20 min ago
- Three Harris County deaths related to H1N1 12 min ago
- Boy, 4, saves family from overnight fire
- Santa sparks impromptu marriage ceremony
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Phil's hiatus
- Foul weather threatens to snarl US holiday travel
- Obama: '2014 can be a breakthrough year'
- Turning those holiday gift cards into cash 8 min ago
- Photos: What do you do if you shopped at Target?
- Video: Harris County inmates get early Christmas
- FBISD approves new GPA-exempt courses
- Man tries to grab woman jogging on trail
- No charges for Harris Co. judge accused of falsifying records