Two arrested in fatal shooting of man at apartment complex
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Detectives have arrested two suspects in connection to the fatal shooting of a man whose body was found near an apartment complex laundry room last week.
Manuel Rivera-Sanchez, 20, and Israel Soriano, 21, are charged with capital murder, according to Houston police. The duo is accused of fatally shooting Xavier Jamar Clinton, 27, on March 1 at an apartment complex in the 10900 block of Tanner Park Court.
Officers responding to a shooting at the apartment complex found Clinton's body near the apartment complex's laundry room. He had been shot several times and pronounced dead at the scene.
Authorities have not disclosed the motive behind the shooting, but their investigation led them to Rivera-Sanchez and Soriano.
Detectives are still searching for their getaway car, a 2006 red Ford F-150 pickup truck with Texas license plates AT2-3040. They say the vehicle is the hands of other suspects.
Anyone with information regarding the whereabouts of the truck is asked to contact the HPD Homicide Division at 713-308-3600 or Crime Stoppers at 713-222-TIPS.
- One dead after police chase comes to end
- Boy Scouts to allow openly gay Scouts in its ranks
- NOAA: 'Above normal' hurricane season for 2013
- Drivers warned about possible police impersonator in Liberty County
- 2 remaining suspects in Alief murders arrested
- Judge declares mistrial in Jodi Arias penalty phase
- New funding to help Houston deal with water demands
- Houston one of fastest growing cities in US
- 7 charged over suspected chop shop
- METRORail downtown closed for Memorial Day weekend
- Photos: Most Wanted FBI Fugitives
- otrc: New 'Man of Steel' trailer
- abcnews: SI model to attend prom with teen
- Video: GRAPHIC: Deputy shot during traffic stop in...
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos