Two arrested in fatal shooting of man at apartment complex
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Detectives have arrested two suspects in connection to the fatal shooting of a man whose body was found near an apartment complex laundry room last week.
Manuel Rivera-Sanchez, 20, and Israel Soriano, 21, are charged with capital murder, according to Houston police. The duo is accused of fatally shooting Xavier Jamar Clinton, 27, on March 1 at an apartment complex in the 10900 block of Tanner Park Court.
Officers responding to a shooting at the apartment complex found Clinton's body near the apartment complex's laundry room. He had been shot several times and pronounced dead at the scene.
Authorities have not disclosed the motive behind the shooting, but their investigation led them to Rivera-Sanchez and Soriano.
Detectives are still searching for their getaway car, a 2006 red Ford F-150 pickup truck with Texas license plates AT2-3040. They say the vehicle is the hands of other suspects.
Anyone with information regarding the whereabouts of the truck is asked to contact the HPD Homicide Division at 713-308-3600 or Crime Stoppers at 713-222-TIPS.
- College student from Baytown fatally shot
- Kubiak era ends in Houston
- Dad's murder trial too much for him to watch
- Shots fired during robbery on UH campus
- Texans fire special teams coach Joe Marciano
- Homeowner questions handling of Christmas package
- Methodist: Personal info of 1,300 transplant patients stolen
- Winter weather wreaks havoc across North Texas
- Officer who fired at van with kids in it fired
- Feds order changes following deadly train derailment
- Police: Galveston pair arrested with 13 pounds of marijuana
- New METRO rail line nearly ready for riders
- NKorea: Detained elderly American veteran deported
- Ohio Amish girl won't be forced to have chemo