Police warn residents of possible serial flasher in Clear Lake area
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- There could be a possible serial flasher in the Clear Lake area, as a man has exposed himself. Police worry it wasn't his first time and that it won't be his last.
An arrest has been made and it's being examined to see if it could connected to a handful of other cases on Houston's southeast side. At least one other case, though, remains unsolved, and when you combine both of these incidents, neighbors are somewhat on edge.
It's a quiet Clear Lake apartment complex on Highway 3 at Buoy. It's well-maintained with security gates -- a place where people tend to feel safe. Five weeks ago came the first notice delivered to tenants about a man seen peering through a first floor window late at night. That had the instant effect of prompting precautions.
"You keep an extra eye out for anybody walking around who doesn't have a car or anything like that," said resident Nick Edwards.
Late last month, the alleged peeper was arrested. But last week, another notice was circulated by apartment management. This one was about a man exposing himself. It happened March 6 outside a laundry room. He was seen by a 21-year-old woman on her way to the complex gym. That, too, has had an effect on a lot of people who live here, especially those with children.
"Going out in the day, not around the pool since that's closed, but basically watching out," said Edwards.
The Houston Police Department is working with neighboring police departments which may have had similar reports made at different apartment complexes in the same area of the so-called flasher. Police advise people to be cautious.
"It's very possible it could start out as a flasher and then become a sexual assault, so it's very serious," said Captain. M. R. Fougerousse with HPD.
Police are throwing investigative resources at this case. If you have any information, you're asked to call authorities.
clear lake, local, deborah wrigley
- Pickup rolls 6 times in northeast Harris County
- Man recovering after freak lawn-mowing accident
- Strong earthquake shakes central, southern Mexico
- Security guard fatally shot in SW Houston
- Fatal multi-vehicle wreck shuts down 290 at Grand Parkway 9 min ago
- South Korean ferry boat captain arrested
- Texas officials say gang membership exceeds 100K
- Three accused of stealing items left on airplanes
- Promoters seek to bring back Galveston beach parties
- Key evidence recovered in double murder of Houston women
- Last week's Houston food truck violations
- Man shot while mowing lawn in N. Houston
- Man allegedly seen on video during burglary charged
- Police: Man suffocated son so he could play video games
- Houston's cardinal to attend popes'...
52 min ago