911 audio recording released after 5-year-old girl left alone at Chuck E. Cheese in Pearland
PEARLAND, TX (KTRK) -- We have an update to a story we first told you about last week. A 911 call has been released from a mother who forgot her 5-year-old girl during a birthday party at a Chuck E Cheese restaurant in Pearland.
Operator: "911 can I help you?"
Caller: "Yes I think I left my child at Chuck E Cheese last night. She's 5."
Operator: OK, can you contact Brazoria County Sheriff's Department ma'am?"
That short 911 call happened just after the mother realized she had left her 5-year-old daughter at Chuck E Cheese the previous night.
The mother has 10 children in all and forgot the birthday girl at the restaurant. Investigators say the mom claims she only realized the girl wasn't home when she woke up to get the kids ready for school. She then called 911.
The child has since been handed back over to her mother. So far, no charges have been filed in the case.
- One dead after police chase comes to end 25 min ago
- Boy Scouts to allow openly gay Scouts in its ranks 7 min ago
- NOAA: 'Above normal' hurricane season for 2013
- Drivers warned about possible police impersonator in Liberty County 59 min ago
- Houston one of fastest growing cities in US 49 min ago
- 7 charged over suspected chop shop
- Drug agents: 'Unfit for human consumption'
- Women behind aggravated robbery caught on video
- Sketch released of suspect who tied up victim
- METRORail downtown closed for Memorial Day weekend
- otrc: New 'Man of Steel' trailer
- abcnews: SI model to attend prom with teen
- Video: GRAPHIC: Deputy shot during traffic stop in...
- Man fatally shot while driving in SW Houston
- Tim Heller's weather forecast
9 min ago
- Yummy ice cream doesn't have to be pricey
42 min ago
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos