911 audio recording released after 5-year-old girl left alone at Chuck E. Cheese in Pearland
PEARLAND, TX (KTRK) -- We have an update to a story we first told you about last week. A 911 call has been released from a mother who forgot her 5-year-old girl during a birthday party at a Chuck E Cheese restaurant in Pearland.
Operator: "911 can I help you?"
Caller: "Yes I think I left my child at Chuck E Cheese last night. She's 5."
Operator: OK, can you contact Brazoria County Sheriff's Department ma'am?"
That short 911 call happened just after the mother realized she had left her 5-year-old daughter at Chuck E Cheese the previous night.
The mother has 10 children in all and forgot the birthday girl at the restaurant. Investigators say the mom claims she only realized the girl wasn't home when she woke up to get the kids ready for school. She then called 911.
The child has since been handed back over to her mother. So far, no charges have been filed in the case.
- HISD decides fate of two schools at risk of closure 48 min ago
- Driver fleeing police kills 2 at SXSW festival 49 min ago
- IRS uses woman's tax refund to pay old debt 42 min ago
- Arrest made in connection to murder of two women
- Jet aborts takeoff after gear failure in Philly
- HCSO: Man shoots teen inside daughter's bedroom
- 5 things you may not know about Pope Francis
- Church offering drive-through prayers
- Death toll rises to 7 in New York City blast
- Missouri City man charged in wife's death
- Groups protest chemicals used in Apple's iPhone
- Recognize either of these guys?
- Texans re-sign tight end Garrett Graham
- Rice hoops coach Ben Braun resigns