Ten-foot gator found in South Shore Harbor Marina
LEAGUE CITY, TX (KTRK) -- A resident of League City found a 10-foot long alligator Monday morning.
That person sent us iWitness photos as a game warden and a few other people snapped up the reptile.
Serafina Grimes says she was told by wardens another gator was caught in the same area last Friday. She says the discovery is making her realize she and her neighbors need to be more careful while going out for a walk.
"Everybody's excited about it," she said. "Everybody's been all abuzz about the alligator and everybody's just talking about it. I don't know if it'll calm down, just like. But it has been very interesting seeing this all happen and unfold while we were here."
It took the warden about two hours to round up the gator before putting him in a truck and hauling it away. That gator was relocated to an alligator farm in El Campo.
If you see news happening, send photos or videos to firstname.lastname@example.org or upload the content here.
- Ex-BP engineer convicted on 1 obstruction charge 21 min ago
- Sketch released of suspect in brazen robbery
- 2 winning Mega Millions tickets sold
- Chase suspect crashes into tree in NW Houston
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- Family escapes house fire in east Houston
- Good Samaritan saves Christmas for foster child
- Suit: Risk of fire aboard Carnival's 'Triumph' known
- Delivery man hides present in trash...on trash day
- Tourist distracted by Facebook falls off pier
- Mystery illness kills 4 in Montgomery County
- Man victimized in 'knockout game' style attack
- Ashby High Rise opponents dealt winning hand