Deputies quell near-riot in west Harris Co. parking lot
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Officials said a large crowd got a little out of hand Friday night at a car and bikini show in west Harris County.
Harris County Sheriff's Office deputies were called out to Mason Road near the Katy Freeway around 10:40pm over a parking dispute.
The Fiesta store there said there was no room for their customers to park because of the few thousand people at the big bash going on next door at the Frankenstein Grill.
When deputies arrived, they said they saw one man at the car show nearly hit someone while burning rubber in the parking lot.
Deputies arrested that man, and that's when the crowd turned on them, throwing bottles and other trash at the deputies.
Deputies said the crowd began to disperse and no one else was arrested. The lot was closed off while the crowd left. No injuries were reported.
- Boy, 15, bitten by shark at Surfside Beach
- Court says pre-Miranda silence can be used
- Police: Teen dies trying to protect his mom
- Bullet-proof glass saves store clerk during shooting
- Robbers hit jewelry store in The Woodlands
- One dead in multi-vehicle wreck in N. Harris Co.
- Resident fights to save tree in The Heights
- Radio hosts fired for mocking ex-NFL player with ALS
- Webster flower shop murder shocks community
- NASA picks 8 new astronauts, 4 of them women
- Photos: Daytime Emmy Awards red carpet arrivals
- otrc: Kim Kardashian gives birth to baby girl
- abcnews: Burned woman warns of spa dangers
- Video: Good Samaritan stabbed by own sword