Deputies quell near-riot in west Harris Co. parking lot
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Officials said a large crowd got a little out of hand Friday night at a car and bikini show in west Harris County.
Harris County Sheriff's Office deputies were called out to Mason Road near the Katy Freeway around 10:40pm over a parking dispute.
The Fiesta store there said there was no room for their customers to park because of the few thousand people at the big bash going on next door at the Frankenstein Grill.
When deputies arrived, they said they saw one man at the car show nearly hit someone while burning rubber in the parking lot.
Deputies arrested that man, and that's when the crowd turned on them, throwing bottles and other trash at the deputies.
Deputies said the crowd began to disperse and no one else was arrested. The lot was closed off while the crowd left. No injuries were reported.
- One dead, several injured in bar shooting 4 min ago
- Van smashes into home in northwest Harris Co.
- Family affected by HPD homicide probe speaks out
- Texans land 2 primetime games
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Rockets fall to Portland again, down 2-0 in series
- Authorities: Deadly wreck sparked by fleeing driver
- Job fair Thursday only for veterans, spouses
- FDA proposes first regulations for e-cigarettes
- Batteries in baby video monitors recalled 28 min ago
- Two people shot outside auto shop
- Man seeks to hide 'murder' tattoo before trial 56 min ago
- Cy-Fair ISD: Bible OK to bring for independent reading
- Fetal tissue used to power Oregon homes