Deputies quell near-riot in west Harris Co. parking lot
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Officials said a large crowd got a little out of hand Friday night at a car and bikini show in west Harris County.
Harris County Sheriff's Office deputies were called out to Mason Road near the Katy Freeway around 10:40pm over a parking dispute.
The Fiesta store there said there was no room for their customers to park because of the few thousand people at the big bash going on next door at the Frankenstein Grill.
When deputies arrived, they said they saw one man at the car show nearly hit someone while burning rubber in the parking lot.
Deputies arrested that man, and that's when the crowd turned on them, throwing bottles and other trash at the deputies.
Deputies said the crowd began to disperse and no one else was arrested. The lot was closed off while the crowd left. No injuries were reported.
- Severe weather possible Saturday morning
- Three Harris County deaths related to H1N1 45 min ago
- Boy, 4, saves family from overnight fire
- Foul weather threatens to snarl US holiday travel
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Mom devastated by tragedy pushes for change 22 min ago
- Santa sparks impromptu marriage ceremony
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Phil's hiatus
- Turning those holiday gift cards into cash 26 min ago
- Photos: What do you do if you shopped at Target?
- Video: Harris County inmates get early Christmas
- FBISD approves new GPA-exempt courses
- Man tries to grab woman jogging on trail
- No charges for Harris Co. judge accused of falsifying records