CPS files to get custody of boy, 5, stabbed by his mom
MAGNOLIA, TX (KTRK) -- Texas Children's Protective Services filed the paperwork to get custody of a 5-year-old Magnolia boy allegedly attacked by his mother.
Michael Spurlock, 5, remains in a medically-induced coma after undergoing surgery. Investigators say his mother cut his throat before stabbing and severely beating him.
Daphne Spurlock is charged with attempted capital murder. Her husband told police his wife believed the child was possessed. No bond has been set for Daphne Spurlock, 45.
We worked on this story with our Houston Community Newspaper partner, The Magnolia Potpourri.
- Two dead in apparent murder-suicide in Pasadena
- Employees shot outside Galleria area restaurant
- 2 NYC buildings collapse in explosion, 2 dead
- Kids hospitalized after chemical leak at pool
- River Oaks residents fighting to stop office building 17 min ago
- Reliant Stadium may be changing names
- Rice U police officers cleared of wrongdoing in man's arrest 18 min ago
- Mateo states his case for cupcakes for dinner
- 'I'm dying' - Crocodile Hunter's final words
- Girl gets finger stuck in recalled Easy Bake Oven
- Woman takes out frustration on Pennsylvania reporter
- Wrestler hugs opponent's dad after loss
- NJ honor student who sued parents returns home 23 min ago
- Nutrition and supplement maker Herbalife facing FTC intquiry 23 min ago