CPS files to get custody of boy, 5, stabbed by his mom
MAGNOLIA, TX (KTRK) -- Texas Children's Protective Services filed the paperwork to get custody of a 5-year-old Magnolia boy allegedly attacked by his mother.
Michael Spurlock, 5, remains in a medically-induced coma after undergoing surgery. Investigators say his mother cut his throat before stabbing and severely beating him.
Daphne Spurlock is charged with attempted capital murder. Her husband told police his wife believed the child was possessed. No bond has been set for Daphne Spurlock, 45.
We worked on this story with our Houston Community Newspaper partner, The Magnolia Potpourri.
- One killed in house fire on Houston's south side
- Would-be robbery victim kills suspect at bar
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Blood drive held for officer injured in crash
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- More than two dozen hurt in musical stage collapse 28 min ago
- Toronto mayor mocked for daylight savings flub 31 min ago
- Woman badly burned in Conroe apartment fire
- Ford Motor Co. leader William Clay Ford dies
- Photos: South by Southwest in Austin
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman in freak accident
- LA unanimously bans vaping in public places
- DUI suspect crashes into 'We Be Sober' drivers
- Man dancing on power pole in lifted to...