UH gets real live cougar to inspire school spirit
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- The University of Houston Cougars are getting a real live cougar to inspire school spirit at football games.
'Shasta' is a six-month-old cub at the Houston Zoo. The zoo and the university have partnered to make Shasta the school's mascot.
Since it's not practical to have an actual cougar on the sidelines, Shasta will make his appearances via a web camera live from the Houston Zoo.
university of houston, local
- Shots fired during armored car robbery
- Neighbors upset over gun range near homes 6 min ago
- Sketch released in murder of women found dumped
- Murder suspect vomits during graphic testimony
- Ex-teacher accused of sex with student
- No outings for Clear Lake drowning mom
- Two sent to hospital after gas leak at HISD middle school
- Suspect in violent House of Pies robbery charged
- Teen leads police on high-speed chase
- Sandy Hook shooter's dad wishes son was never born
- Missouri City cheers on 'Resurrection' star
- Big names, fans converge on Austin for SXSW
- Information on price tags decoded
- Naked murder suspect caught on camera punching officer