Jacinto City man fatally shoots himself by accident while firing warning shots into air
JACINTO CITY, TX (KTRK) -- Jacinto City police are investigating a bizarre shooting where they say a man accidentally shot himself while firing warning shots into the air.
It happened Wednesday night at a home on Rumar at Mercury. Police say the victim had been arguing with his girlfriend's brother when he grabbed his shotgun and started firing warning shots into the air.
Somehow one of those shots hit the man in the neck. He died at the scene.
- Emergency spacewalk may be needed on ISS
- Woman's life spared by inches in freak accident
- Cyclists ride to honor woman killed in hit-and-run
- Witnesses pull woman from fiery wreck
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Shoppers getting excuses instead of packages
- Last week's Houston restaurant violations
- Video from violent fast food robbery released
- Dead leopard, other swag snagged at mansion party 6 min ago
- Coyote's wild run through Hobby, but no roadrunner in sight
- Interpreter for Mandela event: I was hallucinating 36 min ago
- Girl's mom applauds suspension of kissing 6-year-old
- Masked men with guns smash into jewelry store
- Von Trapps' Vt. lodge taps interest in new musical 34 min ago