TDI Report: Girl thrown from Houston Rodeo carnival ride suffered concussion
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A little girl thrown from a ride at the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo may have suffered a concussion.
THIS STORY IS FROM 2012
That's according to the official report from the Texas Department of Insurance, which must be filed every time there is an injury on an amusement ride.
Eyewitness News obtained video of the incident shot by a parent in the crowd. The report states the 3-year-old girl fell from the Techno Jump and suffered a concussion and head abrasions. It also confirms she was riding with her brother, and met the height requirements.
In the aftermath of the accident, the Houston Rodeo changed the ride policies on 16 carnival rides.
- weather: Rain moving through our area
- Gas station clerks shoot robbery suspect
- Helping military families, one child at a time
- Browns agree to deal with ex-Texan RB Tate
- Foster tweets he's been medically cleared to play 6 min ago
- Search for missing jet now includes 25 countries
- 3 pieces of evidence point to jet's takeover
- Wrong way driver dies after slamming into students' SUV 54 min ago
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- Houston Ship Channel collision under investigation
- Sea survivor keeps promise he made to dead friend
- Daughter asks: Who did I bury?
- Crimea votes on whether to secede from Ukraine
- Police: Man lived with dead wife for days