HISD elementary school prinicpal accused of drug possession
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- An HISD elementary school principal is on leave after Pearland police allegedly found narcotics at her home.
Durham Elementary School principal Jennifer St.Amand-Smith and her husband were charged with possession of narcotics after officers responded to her Pearland home on Feb. 19.
St.Amand-Smith had called authorities because she thought her husband might try to hurt himself. When police arrived, they called emergency responders to transport her husband to a hospital and began collecting guns from the home in case he became suicidal. During that time, officers spotted a myriad of drug paraphernalia.
St.Amand-Smith and her husband were arrested four days later and charged. St.Amand-Smith told investigators she was unaware her husband used drugs.
HISD says St.Amand-Smith was placed on paid administrative leave after her arrest.
houston isd, pearland, local
- Blood drive held for officer injured in crash
- New info in case of women found dead by dumpster
- 20 on missing plane worked for Austin company
- Body found after shots ring out near Greens Bayou
- Students learn science through unique course
- Collision sends HPD officer, driver to hospital
- Fire marshal: Teen burned mom's clothes over marijuana
- Person fatally falls from 6th floor of building at Texas A&M
- Thousands of bees attack woman in California
- North Houston house fire leaves one dead
- Yates comes up short in 3A title game
- Masked robbers hold up bank in west Harris County
- raw video: Sarah Palin remixes 'Green Eggs and Ham'
- Three bodies found in rubble of burned down home