HISD elementary school prinicpal accused of drug possession
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- An HISD elementary school principal is on leave after Pearland police allegedly found narcotics at her home.
Durham Elementary School principal Jennifer St.Amand-Smith and her husband were charged with possession of narcotics after officers responded to her Pearland home on Feb. 19.
St.Amand-Smith had called authorities because she thought her husband might try to hurt himself. When police arrived, they called emergency responders to transport her husband to a hospital and began collecting guns from the home in case he became suicidal. During that time, officers spotted a myriad of drug paraphernalia.
St.Amand-Smith and her husband were arrested four days later and charged. St.Amand-Smith told investigators she was unaware her husband used drugs.
HISD says St.Amand-Smith was placed on paid administrative leave after her arrest.
houston isd, pearland, local
- HPD: Fight between roommates ends in shooting
- Video from violent fast food robbery released 19 min ago
- Helping those left homeless by fire
- Man accused of leaving co-worker naked in ditch
- Time Magazine names its Person of the Year
- Mandela ceremony interpreter deemed a 'fake'
- More Astrodome seats to go on sale today
- Female libido drug remains in limbo
- Mandela's body arrives for viewing in South Africa
- Cleveland ISD: Girl resisting officer hit with Taser
- Winning Mega Millions jackpot numbers drawn
- What's going to be built on Beacon Island?
- You can still save on Christmas gifts
- Special member of abc13 family passes away
- Man banned from Walmart for life
9 min ago
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos