Emergency crews rescue worker trapped in trench
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Firefighters rescued a construction worker who was trapped in a deep hole in east Houston last night.
The incident happened around 7:30pm near Victoria and Wayside. He was part of a construction crew working in an east Houston neighborhood; they were laying some pipe, when a partial collapse took place. The lower part of the man's body was trapped between a boulder and a pipe for about two hours.
"You've got to be very careful, you can't just pull him out," said James Wisnoski with the Houston Fire Department. "You gotta dig around and get all of the dirt from around him and get a harness on him, and that way they get him pulled out
He was then taken to the hospital for treatment. During the ordeal, the worker was given a cell phone and was able to call his family to let them know what was going on. He is expected to be OK.
local, elissa rivas
- Sugar Land man charged after Walmart lockdown
- Good Samaritans rescue mom, kids after wreck
- Liberty Co. judge, wife injured in head-on wreck
- 4 killed, 3 injured in wreck involving taxi in Pasadena
- Dogs dies in northeast Houston house fire
- Landslide devouring Wyoming town
- TSU band heading to Canton with Michael Strahan
- More bodies recovered from sunken ferry
- Looks like perfect Easter Egg hunting weather
- Teen denies peeing in Oregon reservoir
- Special Olympian gets assist from Rice students
- 17-year-old fatally shot outside Katy-area strip center
- Hope this doesn't make you sick
- Authorities searching for sex assault fugitive