Moment of silence today for anniversary of deadly blast
TEXAS CITY, TX (KTRK) -- Today, the BP Refinery in Texas City will hold a moment of silence to mark the seventh anniversary of a deadly explosion.
The refinery will honor the 15 contract workers killed and more than 170 injured in the blast. Federal investigators blamed the explosion on a culture that valued costs over the safety of workers.
BP agreed to improve safety, and the government says the company has fixed the problems that led to the blast.
british petroleum, texas city, local
- HISD decides fate of two schools at risk of closure
- Driver fleeing police kills 2 at SXSW festival
- IRS uses woman's tax refund to pay old debt
- Arrest made in connection to murder of two women
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- HPD officer responding to call involved in wreck 1 min ago
- College students paid to take a year off?
- HoustonRodeo 'Moves like Jagger' 56 min ago
- Motorcycle chase ends in fiery crash with patrol vehicle 34 min ago
- HCSO: Man shoots teen inside daughter's bedroom
- 5 things you may not know about Pope Francis
- Jet aborts takeoff after gear failure in Philly
- Teen faces sexting charges following social media mistake
- Vandals dressed up like rock stars go on rampage
- Travis Herzog's Friday weather forecast
17 min ago