Moment of silence today for anniversary of deadly blast
TEXAS CITY, TX (KTRK) -- Today, the BP Refinery in Texas City will hold a moment of silence to mark the seventh anniversary of a deadly explosion.
The refinery will honor the 15 contract workers killed and more than 170 injured in the blast. Federal investigators blamed the explosion on a culture that valued costs over the safety of workers.
BP agreed to improve safety, and the government says the company has fixed the problems that led to the blast.
british petroleum, texas city, local
- Woman found dead inside burned out home
- Six UH students reportedly robbed on campus 55 min ago
- Three Webster officers accused of using excessive force 14 min ago
- HPD: Husband dies in attempted murder-suicide
- Man accused of plotting to detonate bomb at Wichita airport 36 min ago
- Woman who went for smoke outside found dead on porch
- Fugitive Friday: Help find suspect in sexual assault of child
- Swimmer nabs monster lobster with bare hands
- Astronaut may get Christmas wish for spacewalk
- Law enforcement training program suspended
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- Sales brisk for tonight's $425M Mega Millions game
- Local missionaries hurt in rollover wreck in Africa
- Beyonce's holiday surprise
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos