No tuition hike for students at U of H
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- For the first time in the last 10 years, tuition will not increase for University of Houston students.
UH plans to provide pay raises to faculty and hold undergraduate tuition steady. Administrators say it's possible because the university has refinanced loans, renegotiated utility contracts and increased revenue through federal grants.
There's no word though on graduate student rates or tuition at the university's downtown and Victoria campuses.
university of houston, local
- Shots fired during armored car robbery
- Neighbors upset over gun range near homes
- Sketch released in murder of women found dumped
- Murder suspect vomits during graphic testimony
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Truck slams into fast food restaurant 34 min ago
- Suspect arrested wearing Cookie Monster onesie
- Ex-teacher accused of sex with student
- Police: Drunk man demanded bed to sleep
- Woman found living with dead spouse for month
- Two sent to hospital after gas leak at HISD middle school
- 'We are burying a body,' suspects tell police
- Suspect in violent House of Pies robbery charged
- Sandy Hook shooter's dad wishes son was never born