New arrest in case of abducted Houston boy
HOUSTON -- Texas authorities arrested and charged a second woman with kidnapping in the widening case of a Houston boy who disappeared eight years ago and was found earlier this month.
Gloria Walker, 50, was arrested Friday morning at her home in Manor, east of Austin.
Walker is the mother of Krystle Tanner, who was arrested two weeks ago in San Augustine in East Texas on a related related charge of kidnapping of Miguel Morin when he was 8 months old, San Augustine County Chief Sheriff's Deputy Gary Cunningham told The Associated Press.
Cunningham said the arrest warrant was based on information obtained from Tanner during their investigation.
"We're still looking for any definitive information concerning how Krystle Tanner and her mother, Gloria Walker, came into actual custody of the child," Cunningham told the AP. He said other people also may be sought in the case.
Cunningham said Walker was taken to the Travis County Jail and would be arraigned. He said she was being held under $250,000 bond, and will be transported to San Augustine, where her daughter is being held.
Representatives of Child Protective Services accompanied law enforcement officers during the arrest and are investigating the circumstances of other children living in the home, the San Augustine County Sheriff's Office said.
The boy's parents in Houston are seeking to regain custody of the boy, while authorities are investigating disclosures that the couple gave up guardianship of their four other children.
A DNA test proved that Fernando Morin is the boy's biological father. There is another hearing scheduled for March 28 and that's when we'll learn the DNA test results for the boy's alleged mother, Auboni Champion-Morin, and learn more about when she and her husband may be reunited with that 8-year-old boy.
Information from the Associated Press was used in this report
- Would-be robbery victim kills suspect at bar
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Blood drive held for officer injured in crash
- New info in case of women found dead by dumpster
- Corvette driver killed by suspected drunk driver
- Fast food restaurant held up by armed suspects
- Oops! Noise complaint leads to drug bust 7 min ago
- Mom confesses to killing 3 young daughters
- One killed in house fire on Houston's south side 26 min ago
- Jet makes emergency landing in Honolulu
- Pre-St. Pat's bash erupts into chaos
- Fire marshal: Teen burned mom's clothes over marijuana
- Yates comes up short in 3A title game
- Students learn science through unique course