Blood drive being held for injured Splendora officer
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Officials believe a Splendora officer is facing a long road to recovery after a crash with an 18-wheeler.
The Texas Department of Public Safety says Ryan Simpson, 28, has been in and out of consciousness since his surgeries. Early Monday morning, Simpson slammed into a big rig while searching for a suspect on FM 1485 in Montgomery County.
The incident is under investigation and so far, no citations have been issued. The city of Splendora will hold a blood drive in Simpson's honor on Tuesday. Donors can give at Splendora City Hall this Tuesday from 10am until 4pm, or at any of Gulf Coast Regional Blood Center's 14 Houston-area Donor Centers now through April 4.
- Family scrambles to safety from burning home
- Ex-BP engineer convicted on 1 obstruction charge
- Sketch released of suspect in brazen robbery
- Chase suspect crashes into tree in NW Houston
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- 2 winning Mega Millions tickets sold
- Good Samaritan saves Christmas for foster child
- Suit: Risk of fire aboard Carnival's 'Triumph' known
- Man wanted in deadly W. Harris Co. shooting turns self in 26 min ago
- Delivery man hides present in trash...on trash day
- Tourist distracted by Facebook falls off pier
- Mystery illness kills 4 in Montgomery County
- Man victimized in 'knockout game' style attack