Blood drive being held for injured Splendora officer
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Officials believe a Splendora officer is facing a long road to recovery after a crash with an 18-wheeler.
The Texas Department of Public Safety says Ryan Simpson, 28, has been in and out of consciousness since his surgeries. Early Monday morning, Simpson slammed into a big rig while searching for a suspect on FM 1485 in Montgomery County.
The incident is under investigation and so far, no citations have been issued. The city of Splendora will hold a blood drive in Simpson's honor on Tuesday. Donors can give at Splendora City Hall this Tuesday from 10am until 4pm, or at any of Gulf Coast Regional Blood Center's 14 Houston-area Donor Centers now through April 4.
- HCSO: Sergeant killed by suspected drunk driver 25 min ago
- Man shot, killed inside restaurant in NW Harris Co.
- Houston demolishes dozens of nuisance buildings
- DEA officer involved in shooting in Galleria area
- Oxbow wins Preakness Stakes
- Body of postal worker found in burned out Jeep
- Man found unconscious in NW Houston pool
- $590M-plus Powerball: 1 winning ticket sold in Fla 44 min ago
- Man armed with knife robs Rosenberg bank
- Suspect dead, victim injured during shootout
- Photos: Memorial Hermann Ironman triathlon
- otrc: Meet the new Star Trek villain
- abcnews: Passenger jet makes belly landing in Newark
- Video: Trapped ducklings saved by phone app
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos