Man charged for allegedly driving drunk, killing two people in wrong-way crash last month in Stafford
STAFFORD, TX (KTRK) -- A man was indicted for allegedly driving drunk and killing two people in a wrong-way crash last month.
Roy Glen Armstrong is charged with two counts of intoxication manslaughter. The crash happened around 2:30am February 26 in the 12700 block of Highway 59 in Stafford. According to police, the two victims -- Sheila Cronk and Justin Springer -- were both in town from Lincoln, Nebraska and Cronk was driving a Ford Focus rental car northbound on 59 when a Jeep driven by Armstrong was going the wrong way and struck the car head-on.
Cronk and Springer both died at the scene. They were both in their 20s, officials said.
Armstrong, 46, was arrested on March 9. Bond has been set at $10,000.
- Severe weather possible Saturday morning
- Three Harris County deaths related to H1N1 18 min ago
- Boy, 4, saves family from overnight fire
- Foul weather threatens to snarl US holiday travel
- Mom devastated by tragedy pushes for change 23 min ago
- Santa sparks impromptu marriage ceremony
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Phil's hiatus
- Photos: What do you do if you shopped at Target?
- Video: Harris County inmates get early Christmas
- FBISD approves new GPA-exempt courses
- Man tries to grab woman jogging on trail
- No charges for Harris Co. judge accused of falsifying records
- Video: Health care sign up deadline approaching
- Elf on the Shelf stress hits some parents hard