Arrests made in arson fire of Pearland Dawson High School concession stand
PEARLAND, TX (KTRK) -- The Pearland Fire Marshal's office says two arrests have been made in connection with the arson fire of a concession stand located at Pearland Dawson High School last month.
Two juveniles were taken into custody at the Brazoria County Juvenile Detention Center in Angleton for the arson. Authorities say the two suspects allegedly broke into the concession stand building on February 25, between the hours of 7:00 and 7:30pm and set fire to the men's restroom, utilizing available combustible materials to help fuel the fire.
The concession stand is the property of the Pearland Independent School District and is part of the Dawson High School athletics facility at 8722 Hawk Road. The estimated value of the damages is $2,000.
No injuries have been reported in relation to the fire.
Arson is a second degree felony and can carry a penalty of up to 20 years in prison and a possible fine of up to $10,000.
Authorities say the two juveniles are also considered suspects in a burglary case being conducted by the Pearland Police Department.
- Houston man was supposed to be on missing plane
- Suspected beer thief caught in north Houston
- Valet driver crashes, totals man's SUV
- Wife charged in hubby's New Year's Eve murder
- Jimmy Kimmel, crew in Austin for SXSW
- Photos: South by Southwest in Austin
- Search widens for missing Malaysian passenger jet
- Money-saving sites for booking vacations
- Stars, Blue Jackets game called off after player collapses
- Bieber surprises with performance during SXSW 59 min ago
- Are you too good looking to get a date?
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Shots fired during armored car robbery
- 'Bachelor' finale, plus see new 'Bachelorette'