Arrests made in arson fire of Pearland Dawson High School concession stand
PEARLAND, TX (KTRK) -- The Pearland Fire Marshal's office says two arrests have been made in connection with the arson fire of a concession stand located at Pearland Dawson High School last month.
Two juveniles were taken into custody at the Brazoria County Juvenile Detention Center in Angleton for the arson. Authorities say the two suspects allegedly broke into the concession stand building on February 25, between the hours of 7:00 and 7:30pm and set fire to the men's restroom, utilizing available combustible materials to help fuel the fire.
The concession stand is the property of the Pearland Independent School District and is part of the Dawson High School athletics facility at 8722 Hawk Road. The estimated value of the damages is $2,000.
No injuries have been reported in relation to the fire.
Arson is a second degree felony and can carry a penalty of up to 20 years in prison and a possible fine of up to $10,000.
Authorities say the two juveniles are also considered suspects in a burglary case being conducted by the Pearland Police Department.
- Man found shot to death in SE Houston home
- Cigarette blamed for Taco Bell fire in Katy
- Girls' softball league evicted from their field
- Robber dashes out of vision store with pricy shades
- Bear cubs get loose at Houston Zoo 59 min ago
- Residents on edge after Montgomery Co. flu deaths 1 min ago
- Chevron puts downtown Houston building plans on hold
- Duck Dynasty's Phil Robertson off the show after gay remark
- East Texas company making healthcare affordable 25 min ago
- Investigators: Driver drank cologne to hide alcohol smell
- Dozens of people injured in London theater collapse
- Jury reaches verdict in disputed Farrah Fawcett portrait
- Houston psychic sued over 'love ritual'
- Houston man charged with murder in wife's shooting death
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos