First concert announced at BBVA Compass Stadium
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- The Houston Dynamo's new stadium is still a few weeks away from its grand opening, but we already know who will be the first musical group to take center stage.
The hit country duo Sugarland will play in the new BBVA Compass Stadium on August 26. The stadium was primarily built to be the home of the Dynamo and Texas Southern University football, but will also host a variety of other events. It can hold up to 25,000 people in its concert setting.
"We are really excited and humbled to be the first act announced at BBVA Compass Stadium," said Sugarland's Kristian Bush. "This year's tour is focused on the fans and will be an all request tour and we couldn't imagine a better place to see and perform for all of our fans than this new stadium, it's really a special gift as we just love Houston!"
Tickets for Sugarland go on sale March 30 at 10am. For more info on tickets, visit www.bbvacompassstadium.com.
bbva compass stadium, local
- HPD officer responding to call involved in wreck
- Search for missing Malaysian jet expands
- HISD decides fate of two schools at risk of closure
- Driver fleeing police kills 2 at SXSW festival
- College students paid to take a year off?
- HoustonRodeo 'Moves like Jagger'
- Lights go out at Jones Hall, but concert-goers have a blast
- Tooth Fairy 45% more generous in 2013
- Man hit, killed while trying to cross East Freeway
- Free Stuff Friday!
- Arrest made in connection to murder of two women
- Photos: Jet's landing gear collapses in Philadelphia
- Photos: $2.35 million Modern Family home for sale
- Americans spend $56 billion on pets