First concert announced at BBVA Compass Stadium
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- The Houston Dynamo's new stadium is still a few weeks away from its grand opening, but we already know who will be the first musical group to take center stage.
The hit country duo Sugarland will play in the new BBVA Compass Stadium on August 26. The stadium was primarily built to be the home of the Dynamo and Texas Southern University football, but will also host a variety of other events. It can hold up to 25,000 people in its concert setting.
"We are really excited and humbled to be the first act announced at BBVA Compass Stadium," said Sugarland's Kristian Bush. "This year's tour is focused on the fans and will be an all request tour and we couldn't imagine a better place to see and perform for all of our fans than this new stadium, it's really a special gift as we just love Houston!"
Tickets for Sugarland go on sale March 30 at 10am. For more info on tickets, visit www.bbvacompassstadium.com.
bbva compass stadium, local
- Former Port of Houston IT director accused of theft
- NASA hopes to avoid emergency spacewalk on ISS
- Woman's life spared by inches in freak accident
- Cyclists ride to honor woman killed in hit-and-run
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Boy's mouth duct taped for talking in class
- Kim Jong Un's uncle executed as traitor 5 min ago
- Bride accused of pushing husband off cliff pleads guilty
- What was interpreter REALLY signing
- Shoppers getting excuses instead of packages
- 'Fake' interpreter: 'I was hallucinating'
- Driver charged after turning to cosmetic for revenge
- California man accused of running 'revenge porn' site
- YouTube Rewind: What does 2013 say? 31 min ago