First concert announced at BBVA Compass Stadium
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- The Houston Dynamo's new stadium is still a few weeks away from its grand opening, but we already know who will be the first musical group to take center stage.
The hit country duo Sugarland will play in the new BBVA Compass Stadium on August 26. The stadium was primarily built to be the home of the Dynamo and Texas Southern University football, but will also host a variety of other events. It can hold up to 25,000 people in its concert setting.
"We are really excited and humbled to be the first act announced at BBVA Compass Stadium," said Sugarland's Kristian Bush. "This year's tour is focused on the fans and will be an all request tour and we couldn't imagine a better place to see and perform for all of our fans than this new stadium, it's really a special gift as we just love Houston!"
Tickets for Sugarland go on sale March 30 at 10am. For more info on tickets, visit www.bbvacompassstadium.com.
bbva compass stadium, local
- Would-be robbery victim kills suspect at bar
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Blood drive held for officer injured in crash
- New info in case of women found dead by dumpster
- Ford Motor Co. leader William Clay Ford dies
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman in freak accident
- Boy buried by avalanche tried to bite his way out 56 min ago
- Trooper's wife killed when his gun accidentally discharged 44 min ago
- Toddler uses Facetime to get help for mom 26 min ago
- One killed in house fire on Houston's south side
- Ukraine PM: Won't give up 'single centimeter' 37 min ago
- Corvette driver killed by suspected drunk driver
- Fast food restaurant held up by armed suspects
- Oops! Noise complaint leads to drug bust