First concert announced at BBVA Compass Stadium
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- The Houston Dynamo's new stadium is still a few weeks away from its grand opening, but we already know who will be the first musical group to take center stage.
The hit country duo Sugarland will play in the new BBVA Compass Stadium on August 26. The stadium was primarily built to be the home of the Dynamo and Texas Southern University football, but will also host a variety of other events. It can hold up to 25,000 people in its concert setting.
"We are really excited and humbled to be the first act announced at BBVA Compass Stadium," said Sugarland's Kristian Bush. "This year's tour is focused on the fans and will be an all request tour and we couldn't imagine a better place to see and perform for all of our fans than this new stadium, it's really a special gift as we just love Houston!"
Tickets for Sugarland go on sale March 30 at 10am. For more info on tickets, visit www.bbvacompassstadium.com.
bbva compass stadium, local
- Man wakes up locked in jet at Bush IAH
- Mom killed in SW Houston; husband wanted
- College student from Baytown fatally shot
- Kubiak era ends in Houston
- Winter Weather advisory for several local counties
- Parts of Astrodome to be demolished Sunday
- Icy storm sends Houston workers to help North Texas
- Rice wins C-USA title with 41-24 win over Marshall
- HFD captain receives award for courage
- Teacher says he was fired because he's gay
- Member of 2005 Astros World Series team returns
- Dog rescued from fire in Conroe
- Drivers stuck on icy I-35 as cold blast hits Texas
- US tourist and war vet, 85, free from NKorea