Amber Alert issued for missing 2-year-old boy in Liberty County
LIBERTY COUNTY, TX (KTRK) -- Authorities say they plan to search through the night for a two-year-old boy who is the subject of an Amber Alert in Liberty County.
Devin "Baby Boy" Davis was last seen around 3:15pm Tuesday at his home in the Sam Houston Lakes Estate in the Tarkington near Cleveland.
Davis' mother told authorities she put her two kids down for a nap and she fell asleep too. But when she woke up, she discovered Davis was gone.
Davis has blue eyes and red hair. He is about 30 inches tall and weighs about 40 pounds. He was wearing a gray and burgundy jersey, blue jeans and Spider-Man tennis shoes.
Police say they have no reason to believe Davis was abducted but they aren't ruling out the possibility so they issued the Amber Alert.
The Davis family just moved to the Houston area from Virginia last week, according to our Houston Community Newspaper partner, The Cleveland Advocate.
The Liberty County Sheriff's Office and the Tarkington Volunteer Fire Department have set up a command post at the child's home as they continue to search for him.
A creek is about 100 feet away from the home. State troopers have deployed helicopters to help in the search, which is difficult because the area is heavily wooded and has lots of water.
Stay with Eyewitness News and abc13.com for the latest details.
amber alert, local
- Man fatally shot while driving in SW Houston 10 min ago
- Galveston judge indicted on felony charges
- Constable Trevino: Good intentions gone too far?
- Consumer Reports lists best, worst airlines
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Deputy's family speaks out about his death
- Cocaine, cash found in abandoned chase suspect's car 21 min ago
- 'Nashville' show putting spotlight on Music City
- Japanese climber, 80, becomes oldest atop Everest 28 min ago
- 2017 Super Bowl means transformations for downtown
- Will Dome still be standing come Super Bowl time? 47 min ago
- otrc: No more Oscars for Seth MacFarlane
- abcnews: 5 modern day health woes, solved
- Meet Houston Symphony's newest music director
- Casey Curry's Thursday weather forecast
34 min ago