U of H to build new stadium by 2014 season
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- The University of Houston's football team will be playing at a new stadium in time for the 2014 season.
The Houston Chronicle reports the board of regents approved a $105 million renovation of Roberston Stadium scheduled to begin in December. Capacity at the renovated stadium is set to expand to 40,000 seats. But that figure could grow to up to 60,000 seats in the future.
Plans are being discussed about where the team will play in the 2013 season.
university of houston, local
- Local post offices open today for holiday rush 10 min ago
- Parts of Astrodome to be demolished
- Man wakes up locked in jet at Bush IAH
- Mom killed in SW Houston; husband wanted
- Winter Weather advisory for several local counties
- South Africans pray for Mandela 25 min ago
- Susan Boyle diagnosed with Asperger's 34 min ago
- Teacher says he was fired because he's gay
- Icy storm sends Houston workers to help North Texas
- HFD captain receives award for courage
- Member of 2005 Astros World Series team returns
- Drivers stuck on icy I-35 as cold blast hits Texas
- Video: Dog shoplifts and buries treats