U of H to build new stadium by 2014 season
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- The University of Houston's football team will be playing at a new stadium in time for the 2014 season.
The Houston Chronicle reports the board of regents approved a $105 million renovation of Roberston Stadium scheduled to begin in December. Capacity at the renovated stadium is set to expand to 40,000 seats. But that figure could grow to up to 60,000 seats in the future.
Plans are being discussed about where the team will play in the 2013 season.
university of houston, local
- One killed in house fire on Houston's south side 30 min ago
- Would-be robbery victim kills suspect at bar
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Blood drive held for officer injured in crash
- Woman badly burned in Conroe apartment fire
- Ford Motor Co. leader William Clay Ford dies
- Photos: South by Southwest in Austin 44 min ago
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman in freak accident
- Boy buried by avalanche tried to bite his way out
- New info in case of women found dead by dumpster
- Trooper's wife killed when his gun accidentally discharged
- Toddler uses Facetime to get help for mom
- Ukraine PM: Won't give up 'single centimeter'
- Corvette driver killed by suspected drunk driver