U of H to build new stadium by 2014 season
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- The University of Houston's football team will be playing at a new stadium in time for the 2014 season.
The Houston Chronicle reports the board of regents approved a $105 million renovation of Roberston Stadium scheduled to begin in December. Capacity at the renovated stadium is set to expand to 40,000 seats. But that figure could grow to up to 60,000 seats in the future.
Plans are being discussed about where the team will play in the 2013 season.
university of houston, local
- Traffic headache remains near La Porte
- Plans for Astrodome's fate to be discussed
- Chrysler agrees to recall 2.7M older model Jeeps
- Officials: Homeowner fatally shoots intruder
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- James helps Heat stave off elimination in Game 6
- Country singer Slim Whitman dies at age 90
- Authorities raid alleged stash house in SE Houston
- 8 hurt, some seriously, when car jumps curb in NYC
- Social services worker stole from clients in SE Texas
- Texas Equusearch hit by criminals
- Mentally disabled mother, child held captive in Ohio
- otrc: John Mayer debuts new song
- abcnews: 6 ways to save money this month
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos