Search for missing 2-year-old boy in Liberty County entering Day 3
LIBERTY COUNTY, TX (KTRK) -- Search crews are working tirelessly to find two-year-old Devin Davis, who vanished from his Liberty County home Tuesday afternoon. The boy's mother says she had been taking a nap when he disappeared.
Searchers are scouring the wooded areas and waterways around the family's home in Sam Houston Lake Estates near Cleveland.
After searching all day Wednesday, since there are still no signs of little Devin. Investigators have told us they will continue searching.
"Right now, we're holding onto a miracle, and it's a small miracle," said Tim Miller with Texas EquuSearch. "If I was honest with myself right now, I'd say right now we're in recovery."
As neighbors console family members, emotions are high in Liberty County.
"What we're worried about is the gators. There's gators everywhere, and they're crawling real bad," said neighbor Deborah Scott. "We've got snakes out here too. I can't believe this baby's missing."
Scott's lived in this heavily wooded area where crews are now searching for the missing child for 12 years. She says the terrain is tough.
Investigators say the creek surrounding the property where little Devin was staying is very deep. That's why dive crews were brought in to help out, along with Texas EquuSearch and other volunteers on all terrain vehicles.
Scott said, "We've had grown people missing in these woods. Man, it took four days to find them, and this is a two-year-old."
Deputies say Devin's mom claims the boy disappeared sometime Tuesday afternoon when she and her children were napping at this home they just moved into last week.
Devon has red hair and blue eyes. He was last seen wearing blue jeans and a grey over burgundy jersey type shirt that said "pee wee." Right now deputies say they don't know if the boy was abducted or if he wandered off.
"I'm just worried about what's happening," Scott said.
Investigators told us detectives did find some physical evidence behind the house, but at this point they are not going into details about what that evidence is. Anyone with information about Devin Davis is encouraged to call the Liberty County Sheriff's Office.
Authorities have checked with the one registered sex offender who lives in the area, as well as abandoned cars and buildings and still nothing.
amber alert, local, demond fernandez
- Deputy's family speaks out about his death
- Will Dome still be standing come Super Bowl time?
- Thieves get away with $100,000 in loot
- OK residents come home to pick up the pieces
- 2017 Super Bowl means transformations for downtown
- Sergio Garcia apologizes to Tiger Woods about comment
- Meet Houston Symphony's newest music director
- Doctor wants tougher laws on dog maulings
- Game warden kills alligator on street in Clear Lake
- Texas AG sues to get Galveston Co. judge off bench
- Last week's Houston restaurant violations
- otrc: No more Oscars for Seth MacFarlane
- abcnews: 5 modern day health woes, solved
- Video: OK tornado caught on cell phone