Worker killed while trimming tree branches
FRIENDSWOOD, TX (KTRK) -- Police are investigating the apparent electrocution death of a worker in Friendswood.
Officers were dispatched to a home in the 200 block of Carey Lane at approximately 1:15pm Tuesday. When police arrived, they found Julio Cesar Castro, 37, attached to a tree with a waist harness where he had been trimming tree branches in a back yard.
Three other Friendswood Firewood employees witnessed the electrocution and told police Castro was on a ladder near the top of a tree, where he was cutting limbs using a pole saw. When Castro's co-workers heard him scream, they reportedly climbed the ladder to help Castro, but were unable to free him from the waist harness.
The Galveston County Medical Examiner's Office will conduct an autopsy.
- Arrest made in connection to murder of two women
- Driver fleeing police kills 2 at SXSW festival 19 min ago
- HISD to decide fate of 2 schools at risk of closure
- HCSO: Man shoots teen inside daughter's bedroom
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Church offering drive-through prayers 14 min ago
- Death toll rises to 7 in New York City blast
- Groups protest chemicals used in Apple's iPhone
- Recognize either of these guys?
- Texans re-sign tight end Garrett Graham
- Rice hoops coach Ben Braun resigns
- Gang members could be banned in parts of Harris Co.
- Family wakes up to stranger inside their SW Houston home
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- Tim Heller's weather forecast
48 min ago