Missing elderly man from Katy found safe
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- An elderly man from Katy who went missing while driving home from his daughter's house has been found safe.
Carl Alfred Weber, who is either 80 or 81 years old and suffers from Alzheimer's, had last been seen yesterday afternoon at around 3:30pm. He was driving a 1993 black Chevy Suburban from his daughter's home to his, which is less than a mile drive. When he never made it home, a Silver Alert was issued.
This morning, Weber was found at a gas station near the Southwest Freeway and Airport. According to investigators, he had gotten on the Beltway and was driving in circles for hours. He didn't appear to be hurt but he was transported to the hospital just to get checked out.
He is expected to be reunited with his family.
- HPD: 2 nursing home residents die from blunt force trauma 13 min ago
- Liberty Institute: Girl told not to read Bible in class
- Man shot four times in north Harris County
- Nurse recalls trying to save teen killed in wreck
- Man found shot, tied up in SE Houston 2 min ago
- UH student robbed of phone on campus
- Harris County IDs suspects in meat market break-ins
- Family, dog escape north Houston house fire
- Putting gadget germ cleaners to the test
- Gold bars removed from man's stomach 53 min ago
- Company creates 'anti-thigh gap' jeans 49 min ago
- FedEx sued over deadly California bus crash
- IRS awards bonuses to 1,100 who owe back taxes
- Travis Herzog's Wednesday weather forecast
31 min ago