Missing elderly man from Katy found safe
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- An elderly man from Katy who went missing while driving home from his daughter's house has been found safe.
Carl Alfred Weber, who is either 80 or 81 years old and suffers from Alzheimer's, had last been seen yesterday afternoon at around 3:30pm. He was driving a 1993 black Chevy Suburban from his daughter's home to his, which is less than a mile drive. When he never made it home, a Silver Alert was issued.
This morning, Weber was found at a gas station near the Southwest Freeway and Airport. According to investigators, he had gotten on the Beltway and was driving in circles for hours. He didn't appear to be hurt but he was transported to the hospital just to get checked out.
He is expected to be reunited with his family.
- Family scrambles to safety from burning home
- Parents sue city of Houston over daughter's death 50 min ago
- Ex-BP engineer convicted on 1 obstruction charge
- Sketch released of suspect in brazen robbery
- Keenum out; Schaub to start against Broncos 53 min ago
- 2 winning Mega Millions tickets sold
- New cameras to help cops settle disputes
- Good Samaritan saves Christmas for foster child
- One dead, others injured in Baytown wreck 53 min ago
- Feds to reduce stimulus due to improving job market
- Suit: Risk of fire aboard Carnival's 'Triumph' known
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- Man wanted in deadly W. Harris Co. shooting turns self in
- Delivery man hides present in trash...on trash day