Japan Festival underway in Houston
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- All things Japanese are being celebrated at this weekend's Japan Festival in Houston.
Thousands of people visited the festival at Hermann Park on Saturday.
Some were dressed in traditional kimono. Others took part in an anime costume contest.
They sampled Japanese food and browsed through booths of traditional art, music and clothing.
The Japan Festival continues Sunday at the park's reflection pool.
Admission is free.
- Kids hospitalized after chemical leak at pool 6 min ago
- Doc reaches deal in bizarre break-in case
- Do you know this fake cop rapist?
- Community leaders plead for answers in women's deaths
- Grant to help research hurricane-protection options
- Deputies: Boy tied up, beaten for smearing poop in sink
- Protesters call for HISD to fire superintendent
- New movie centers on life of Cesar Chavez
- Conroe police investigating death of 11-month-old
- Two injured when SUV drives into barber shop
- Out-of-state visitor wins Texas-sized lottery ticket
- These neighbors are gearing up for a fight
- Missing Malaysian Airlines flight changed course
- Neighbor helps nab fence-jumping burglary suspects