Man accused of shooting his father in the neck
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A father was in the hospital Sunday night and his son was facing charges after a shooting on Houston's south side.
It happened around 8:20am in the 12000 block of Claygate at Cork.
Authorities arrived and found James Cavitt with a gunshot wound. He was rushed to an area hospital.
The victim's son, Belangeo Cavitt, said his father and his brother, Scott Cavitt, were arguing when the father grabbed a knife. Scott Cavitt then shot their father in the neck, he said.
"I guess my brother got the upper hand on him this time," Belangeo Cavitt said.
At last check, the father was stable.
Scott Cavitt fled the scene and police are looking for him.
Please stay with Eyewitness News and abc13.com as we continue following this story.
- Violent House of Pies robbery linked to murder
- Shots fired during armored car robbery
- Neighbors upset over gun range near homes
- Four sent to hospital after gas leak at school
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Houston car thieves' wish list
- Truck slams into fast food restaurant
- Suspect arrested wearing Cookie Monster onesie
- Vicious pet cat traps Oregon couple, who call 911 54 min ago
- 'Ban Bossy' campaign to empower girls to lead
- Mom accused of beating son with mop, bat
- More Houstonians using METRO system
- Wife charged in hubby's New Year's Eve murder 17 min ago
- Woman accused of preying on elderly man