Officials: Liberty County toddler died from accidental drowning
LIBERTY COUNTY, TX (KTRK) -- The Liberty County Sheriff's Office tells Eyewitness News that two-year-old Devon Davis died from an accidental drowning.
The Cleveland boy's body was discovered in a pond Saturday after a five-day search.
Authorities in Liberty County had just called off the ground search for the missing toddler, but moments later, a drone helicopter spotted the body under water in a murky pond.
The red-headed, blue-eyed boy disappeared Tuesday afternoon while his mom dozed off for a nap. She awoke to find a door unlatched.
Family members believe the boy ventured off to play with some neighborhood dogs he'd seen roaming near the pond, which is only about 100 yards from the house.
An autopsy was revealed and confirmed the death was accidental.
There will be a visitation Thursday from 5 to 9pm at Neal Funeral Home in Cleveland on Washington St.
The funeral will be Friday at 1pm at Cornerstone Baptist Church, located on Highway 105 between Cleveland and Conroe.
The service will be attended by Liberty County Sheriff Office officials, Texas Rangers, Texas EquuSearch, volunteer firefighters and the many others who helped in the search for Devon.
amber alert, local
- Walmart in Kemah on lockdown 2 min ago
- 4 killed, 3 injured in Pasadena taxi cab wreck 8 min ago
- Teen denies peeing in Oregon reservoir
- Captain of sunken SKorean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- 17-year-old fatally shot outside Katy-area strip center
- Hope this doesn't make you sick
- Galveston hosting annual Chicken Shack Strut today
- Student pays off $25,000 college tuition with pennies
- Massive reward in brutally beaten dog case
- METRO temporarily suspending part of Red Line
- Behold, the pizza cake
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart
- Child dies in multi-vehicle wreck on 290
- Teacher denies sex crimes in YouTube case