Texas City mom charged in death of son, whose body was found in box
TEXAS CITY, TX -- A Houston-area woman has been charged in the 2011 death of her disabled boy whose body was found in a cardboard box.
The Galveston County Daily News reports a coroner this week ruled the death of 10-year-old Jonathan Singer was a homicide.
Police on Wednesday arrested Tina Madrid of Texas City on a murder charge. Online jail records Thursday did not list an attorney for Madrid, whose bond is $50,000.
Authorities say her son had cerebral palsy and was neglected. His body was discovered last April in his father's vehicle in Spring Branch.
Jeffrey Singer last spring was charged with injury to a child causing serious bodily injury. Prosecutors say his son drowned after Singer allegedly put him in a bathtub and then left to go to a store.
texas city, local
- Two women found dead in Galveston County
- Three bodies found in rubble of burned down home
- Malaysia Airlines says plane missing
- What's being done to keep carnival-goers safe?
- Jimmy Kimmel ready to film show in Austin
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Teen in NW Harris Co. fight arrested after burglary
- Photos: Ladies' Night Out at RodeoHouston
- Man chasing $20 gets stuck in sewer for two days
- Mother of newborn found in dumpster charged
- Ft. Bend Co. girls softball league treasurer charged
- Last week's Houston food truck violations
- Ex-girlfriend testifies Olympican cheated on her
- Photos: Kardashians' fake home for sale