Texas City mom charged in death of son, whose body was found in box
TEXAS CITY, TX -- A Houston-area woman has been charged in the 2011 death of her disabled boy whose body was found in a cardboard box.
The Galveston County Daily News reports a coroner this week ruled the death of 10-year-old Jonathan Singer was a homicide.
Police on Wednesday arrested Tina Madrid of Texas City on a murder charge. Online jail records Thursday did not list an attorney for Madrid, whose bond is $50,000.
Authorities say her son had cerebral palsy and was neglected. His body was discovered last April in his father's vehicle in Spring Branch.
Jeffrey Singer last spring was charged with injury to a child causing serious bodily injury. Prosecutors say his son drowned after Singer allegedly put him in a bathtub and then left to go to a store.
texas city, local
- Child dies in multi-vehicle wreck on 290
- Pickup rolls 6 times in northeast Harris County
- Man recovering after freak lawn-mowing accident
- Strong earthquake shakes central, southern Mexico
- Massive reward in brutally beaten dog case
- Student reports near abduction while leaving school
- Motorcyclist killed in NE Harris County wreck
- South Korean ferry boat captain arrested
- Texas officials say gang membership exceeds 100K
- Three accused of stealing items left on airplanes
- Promoters seek to bring back Galveston beach parties
- Key evidence recovered in double murder of Houston women
- Last week's Houston food truck violations
- Man shot while mowing lawn in N. Houston