Texas City mom charged in death of son, whose body was found in box
TEXAS CITY, TX -- A Houston-area woman has been charged in the 2011 death of her disabled boy whose body was found in a cardboard box.
The Galveston County Daily News reports a coroner this week ruled the death of 10-year-old Jonathan Singer was a homicide.
Police on Wednesday arrested Tina Madrid of Texas City on a murder charge. Online jail records Thursday did not list an attorney for Madrid, whose bond is $50,000.
Authorities say her son had cerebral palsy and was neglected. His body was discovered last April in his father's vehicle in Spring Branch.
Jeffrey Singer last spring was charged with injury to a child causing serious bodily injury. Prosecutors say his son drowned after Singer allegedly put him in a bathtub and then left to go to a store.
texas city, local
- HPD: 2 nursing home residents beaten to death
- Three charged over duct-taped kids at Buc-ees
- Jailer accused of sneaking smokes, snacks
- Former Houston cop facing drug charges
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- La Marque student found with loaded weapon on campus 20 min ago
- Madison students on alert after reported abduction
- 5 former Buffalo Bills cheerleaders sue over pay
- Liberty Institute: Girl told not to read Bible in class
- Suspects jump out window in escape attempt 41 min ago
- Oh my! NYPD's request for cop photos goes awry
- 'Felony Lane Gang' targeting women's purses
- Big reward for sex assault suspect who missed court date
- Man found shot, tied up in SE Houston