Texas City mom charged in death of son, whose body was found in box
TEXAS CITY, TX -- A Houston-area woman has been charged in the 2011 death of her disabled boy whose body was found in a cardboard box.
The Galveston County Daily News reports a coroner this week ruled the death of 10-year-old Jonathan Singer was a homicide.
Police on Wednesday arrested Tina Madrid of Texas City on a murder charge. Online jail records Thursday did not list an attorney for Madrid, whose bond is $50,000.
Authorities say her son had cerebral palsy and was neglected. His body was discovered last April in his father's vehicle in Spring Branch.
Jeffrey Singer last spring was charged with injury to a child causing serious bodily injury. Prosecutors say his son drowned after Singer allegedly put him in a bathtub and then left to go to a store.
texas city, local
- Severe weather possible Saturday morning
- Boy, 4, saves family from overnight fire
- Foul weather threatens to snarl US holiday travel
- Obama: '2014 can be a breakthrough year'
- Three Harris County deaths related to H1N1
- Santa sparks impromptu marriage ceremony
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Phil's hiatus
- Photos: What do you do if you shopped at Target?
- Video: Harris County inmates get early Christmas
- FBISD approves new GPA-exempt courses
- Man tries to grab woman jogging on trail
- No charges for Harris Co. judge accused of falsifying records
- Video: Health care sign up deadline approaching
- Elf on the Shelf stress hits some parents hard