Rice worker becomes crime victim on campus
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Police say a Rice University employee became the victim of an attempted robbery Wednesday afternoon.
It happened at around 3:20pm on the sidewalk north of Rice Stadium. The victim told investigators that a man grabbed her, held a gun to her head and demanded money. She said he went through her purse, but didn't take anything. He then reportedly threw the purse down and pushed the victim to the ground before fleeing east.
The victim described the suspect as a black male in his 40s, standing between 5-foot-10 and 6-feet tall with short black hair. He was wearing a jogging suit with red pants and a blue top.
If you have any information about this attempted crime or similar incidents, please contact Rice police at 713-348-6000.
- Bridge collapses in NW Washington; people in water 55 min ago
- Innocent mom killed, kids injured at end of chase
- Boy Scouts to allow openly gay Scouts in its ranks
- NOAA: 'Above normal' hurricane season for 2013
- Cancer drugs for children remain scarce in U.S.
- Drivers warned about possible police impersonator in Liberty...
- 2 remaining suspects in Alief murders arrested
- Judge declares mistrial in Jodi Arias penalty phase
- New funding to help Houston deal with water demands
- Houston one of fastest growing cities in US
- Photos: Most Wanted FBI Fugitives
- otrc: Brad Pitt screens 'World War Z'
- abcnews: Bars accused of serving rubbing alcohol
- Video: GRAPHIC: Deputy shot during traffic stop in...
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos