Rice worker becomes crime victim on campus
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Police say a Rice University employee became the victim of an attempted robbery Wednesday afternoon.
It happened at around 3:20pm on the sidewalk north of Rice Stadium. The victim told investigators that a man grabbed her, held a gun to her head and demanded money. She said he went through her purse, but didn't take anything. He then reportedly threw the purse down and pushed the victim to the ground before fleeing east.
The victim described the suspect as a black male in his 40s, standing between 5-foot-10 and 6-feet tall with short black hair. He was wearing a jogging suit with red pants and a blue top.
If you have any information about this attempted crime or similar incidents, please contact Rice police at 713-348-6000.
- Severe weather possible Saturday morning
- Mom devastated by tragedy pushes for change
- Three Harris County deaths related to H1N1
- Boy, 4, saves family from overnight fire
- Santa sparks impromptu marriage ceremony
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Phil's hiatus
- Police: Teen admits shooting out car windows
- Foul weather threatens to snarl US holiday travel
- Obama: '2014 can be a breakthrough year'
- Turning those holiday gift cards into cash
- Photos: What do you do if you shopped at Target?
- Video: Harris County inmates get early Christmas
- FBISD approves new GPA-exempt courses
- Man tries to grab woman jogging on trail