Arrested mom charged with leaving boy home alone
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A mother is charged with endangering a child, but it all started when she tried to do a favor for a friend.
On December 5, 2011, the apartment manager of the Sierra at Fall Creek apartments said an employee found a 7-year-old boy wandering around the complex in the 14900 block of Bellows Falls in northeast Harris County. Court documents state that the child, who lived in the complex, was found to be home alone. Authorities were called and he was taken into CPS custody. The following day, CPS placed the boy in his grandmother's care.
A Harris County Sheriff's deputy discovered the boy's mother, Melissa Ann Tamez, had left the boy alone at about 2am while she drove a male friend to his home in Pasadena. While she was on her way back, Tamez, 38, was stopped by Pasadena police and arrested on an unrelated charge.
Bail for the child endangerment charge has been set at $2,000.
- HPD: Homeless man kills armed burglar
- Couple accusing neighbor of recording their bedroom
- Bicyclist dies after Montrose-area hit-and-run
- Dr. accused of writing 'whore' on woman's mirror 8 min ago
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- Texans vs. Jags on ABC13 Thursday night
- Officials: Texas teacher shot, killed in Benghazi
- Burning stolen truck missing $180,000 of tools
- Boy accused of setting mall fire, two others
- Can you say this tongue twister?
- SWAT standoff in SW Houston ends peacefully
- 'Polar Express' blowing across US
- More than 2 million passwords stolen
- Rare identical triplets born in California