Armed man takes his own life during apparent drug store robbery in Missouri City
MISSOURI CITY, TX (KTRK) -- An apparent attempted robbery at a Walgreens store ended with a fatal shooting Thursday afternoon on Dulles and Lexington in Missouri City.
No customers or employees were hurt. Missouri City police say the suspected robber shot himself in the head.
At about 1pm, officers arrived at the Walgreens after a store employee called 911 and said that the store was being robbed. As police rushed to the scene, they were told that shots had been fired inside the store. When they arrived, they found the suspect on the floor next to the pharmacy counter.
Investigators are interviewing witnesses. It's unclear if the suspect actually made any demands.
"He just went to the counter, displayed a weapon," said Missouri City Police Lt. Kevin Burleson. "Some of the employees fled, along with the customers, called us, gave us some information that we needed and then reported that they heard shots fired."
The identity of the suspected robber has not been released.
missouri city, local
- Sketch released in murder of two Houston women
- Teen leads police on high-speed chase
- Missouri City cheers on 'Resurrection' star
- North Texas family holds out hope for loved one
- Big names, fans converge on Austin for SXSW
- Information on price tags decoded
- Naked murder suspect caught on camera punching officer
- Shopping for a wireless plan? Check here first
- VIP treatment for military families at RodeoHouston
- Battery dead? Use the virtual smartphone
- Counterfeit health and beauty products arrests in NY
- Peru: Van der Sloot to be extradited to US in 2038
- Kansas City-area spelling bee finally ends!
- Why Malaysia Airlines jet might have disappeared 12 min ago
- Travis Herzog's Monday weather forecast
13 min ago