Armed man takes his own life during apparent drug store robbery in Missouri City
MISSOURI CITY, TX (KTRK) -- An apparent attempted robbery at a Walgreens store ended with a fatal shooting Thursday afternoon on Dulles and Lexington in Missouri City.
No customers or employees were hurt. Missouri City police say the suspected robber shot himself in the head.
At about 1pm, officers arrived at the Walgreens after a store employee called 911 and said that the store was being robbed. As police rushed to the scene, they were told that shots had been fired inside the store. When they arrived, they found the suspect on the floor next to the pharmacy counter.
Investigators are interviewing witnesses. It's unclear if the suspect actually made any demands.
"He just went to the counter, displayed a weapon," said Missouri City Police Lt. Kevin Burleson. "Some of the employees fled, along with the customers, called us, gave us some information that we needed and then reported that they heard shots fired."
The identity of the suspected robber has not been released.
missouri city, local
- Man found shot to death in SE Houston home 7 min ago
- Robber dashes out of vision store with pricy shades 9 min ago
- Black Friday shoppers' credit card info at risk
- Duck Dynasty's Phil Robertson off the show after gay remark
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Firefighters battle blaze at Katy Taco Bell 11 min ago
- Dozens of people injured in London theater collapse 2 min ago
- Houston psychic sued over 'love ritual'
- Houston man charged with murder in wife's shooting death 42 min ago
- Girls' softball league evicted from their field
- Valuable artifacts stolen from historic home
- Man found reading Bible after chase in NW Harris Co.
- METRO bus involved in accident near Reliant Park
- No more playing in the street, says Florida HOA
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos